Question about AR's and Mag's

So I was at the sportsman show this weekend. Asked a dealer a few questions about the pre ban mags he was selling. So I figured I would throw it out here.

If I were to purchase an AR ..post ban.....I could buy a pre ban mag...and that would be..."legal"...didn't sound right to me but figured I would throw it out....

Anything before the ban is all good. Some are stamped. Some aren't. It's on the authorities to prove it's a post ban.
Search on here. Tons of info on brands.
Just don't be waving a Pmag at a cop in Mass and you'll be ok.

ok...so if im out shooting and get stopped and there is no stamp on the mag...how an a LEO determine if it is pre ban...how much trouble is it going to get me...

- - - Updated - - -

got it....thanks for the info guys!!!

- - - Updated - - -

that video is funny

Easiest way to tell a pre from a post ban? Don't commit crimes. Then, no one cares about the magazine you have. It's really that simple. Of course, they don't prosecute criminals for that either-apparently, they only target certain people. Search for magazine prosecutions in Massachusetts. It's a joke.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

...how an a LEO determine if it is pre ban...how much trouble is it going to get me...

it's a fairly straightforward determination.

1. Is the cop in a bad mood?
2. Are you being an***hole?
3. Does the cop feel like jacking you up?

If any of the above are true, then you may have a pre-ban magazine.

Easiest way to tell a pre from a post ban? Don't commit crimes. Then, no one cares about the magazine you have. It's really that simple. Of course, they don't prosecute criminals for that either-apparently, they only target certain people.

Very true. Last year when we were playing the 'ridiculous Worcester court dockets' game in the context of the gun laws, someone linked a case where the two defendants, who were illegals with previous felony convictions, we're ROR'd on aggravated assault with a firearm.

Now, you might get prosecuted if you are a citizen, but we're a safe haven state, so you walk if you're illegal.

That was me. I spoke right after the Worcester da said how great gun laws worked. Granted, he has a 100% prosecution rate. But, only 36% of original charges are brought to trial. The rest, dismissed by the state. For things like stolen guns, obliterated serial numbers, etc. I hardly think, in the states eyes, a felon carrying a standard capacity magazine is worthy of a charge. Unless, of course, you're a law abiding gun owner. Which is the only times, to date, the charges have been used.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom