• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question about applying for a license in Norton, MA

My 24 year old brother is getting ready to apply for an LTC in Norton. Based on what has been written on NES, Norton is a green town. However, my brother has been told that he will need to provide two letters of reference and that he will have an interview with the Chief.

Is this SOP when it comes to applying for an LTC in Norton?

I can't speak for Norton, but in Leicester (another green town) I had to submit two letters of refference. I didnt have to have an interview, but I have read that many people in other towns do. I beleive its up to the chief to setup whatever hoops he wants you to jump through.

I can't speak for Norton, but in Leicester (another green town) I had to submit two letters of refference. I didnt have to have an interview, but I have read that many people in other towns do. I beleive its up to the chief to setup whatever hoops he wants you to jump through.

When they did your fingerprints and took your picture, that was your interview.

Norton has always asked for letters, though in they past they didn't read them. Their attitude was, "Would you give me a letter from someone who won't recommend you"?

I've always had an interview, usually at my request. I want to meet the officers I have to deal with. I like to look them in the eye and see where I stand.

I've had no problems with Norton for years, and have been ALP, or no restrictions, for over 25 years. I imagine a first timer might have to make a little more effort.

Oh..SGT didnt say too much to me while printing. Then again, he went to highschool with my mom and we live in a tiny town haha.

Back
Top Bottom