Question about a transfer

84ta406

NES Member
Ive got a buddy in the military who can get a really good deal on a Glock 23. I happen to have some car parts he needs. We bartered out a deal for it but my big concern is he lives in RI and I know I cant flat out transfer it. Is there any way we could do this deal?

My only other guns were transfered from my dad and my newly owned PPS so Im not "up" on all the laws. I didnt know it could go through a FFL. I assume also no hi caps? But I didnt know I could transfer a glock from out of state. Is it possible only through a FFL?

You'll need to find a MA FFL that will accept the transfer. Assuming it's not pre "ban" this may be an effort.

Out of state transfers must go through an FFL.
No hi caps (unless preban)
Good luck finding an FFL who will transfer it

If he doesn't already have the Glock, this could be a straw purchase. The case from VA SCOTUS decided earlier this year was where a former cop bought a gun in VA on his cop discount then brought it to PA and transferred it to his relative through an FFL. The fed's went after him for the straw purchase as the gun was not for him (I think it's bs but the courts didn't).

If he doesn't already have the Glock, this could be a straw purchase. The case from VA SCOTUS decided earlier this year was where a former cop bought a gun in VA on his cop discount then brought it to PA and transferred it to his relative through an FFL. The fed's went after him for the straw purchase as the gun was not for him (I think it's bs but the courts didn't).

I am no expert but from reading stories like these I would not do it. ATF makes its own rules.

OP, if u really want a Glock just pay the jacked up MA prices. The transfer can be FTF and u guys don't need to worry about .gov getting on ur back. Go into the classifieds here and find what u want. Glocks are all over this site

Ive got a buddy in the military who can get a really good deal on a Glock 23. I happen to have some car parts he needs. We bartered out a deal for it but my big concern is he lives in RI and I know I cant flat out transfer it. Is there any way we could do this deal?

See Abramski v. US.
https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/573/12-1493/opinion3.html
And that would only apply if it was within the same state. Since he is in RI, you would be breaking even more laws.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds too close to a straw purchase for my liking....

Too close? It's now the definition of one...

I was trying to be nice with the approach instead of going straight for the jugular. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.....

Lets hope the op takes our advise and doesn't do this deal. Unless the friend had the glock for a while and now doesn't like it, want it. But no way can he buy it then transfer.

I decided against this. Just going to sell the parts outright and use the cash to buy something I want. Torn between the Glock 23/27 and the SIG 229

I decided against this. Just going to sell the parts outright and use the cash to buy something I want. Torn between the Glock 23/27 and the SIG 229

I haven't shot the Sig but it is on my list of things to try out. I do have a 27 and I love it. Reliable and accurate. I have an extended 10rd mag in and another 10rd as a backup. I don't have huge hands so im comfortable with the 27. Its my main CCW.

Thats my thing as well I have smaller hands which is why my PPS fits so well for me and is my EDC. Would like to keep the next purchase to be more of a home defense weapon. Wanted those particular guns so I can use the 357 SIG

Back
Top Bottom