Question about a Taurus Revolver?

A buddy of mine was asking about a Taurus 669/061? Anyone know anything about this revolver, .357 6"? I looked it up and it has a build date of 1992.

I know nothing about Taurus - He just wants to know if it is worth keeping?

Look it over and check the lock-up and trigger pull, then tell him to shoot it and see if he likes it. Then he'll have his answer. You'll get mixed reviews with Taurus. They are not S&W revolvers but their better quality control checked guns can be pretty good. Some like Taurus guns and some HATE them. I've never shot the 669 but I have a 689 which is also a 6" .357 magnum and I like mine. The trigger is pretty decent too. I have shot a PT92 which was a piece of crap IMO and a Taurus 1911 which I thought was surprisingly good. You won't get a real answer from the brand name alone. Shooting it is the only way to see if he likes it.

Taurus has a reputation for being relatively hit or miss, but the ones I've shot have all been pretty damned good. Make sure the timing is good, that the cylinder lockup is good like skeeter said. Ive shot their 1911 and liked it and one of the revolvers (cant remember which one, but it was a .357) and they went bang.

Like Angel has said. Taurus revolvers are known to be hit or miss. Timing seems to be the biggest issue with them. I have two pistols, but no revolver. Both have been returned and repaired for free. One was just some cosmetic issues and a loose sight. The other was an internal problem.

I'll echo what everyone else has said, my 85 was stellar but I have heard horro stories as well. I won't write them off, it's case-by-case with Taurus.

Posted from my car phone.

Every Taurus revolver I've handled looked, felt and functioned like a cheap S&W.knockoff. I wouldn't bother with it.

Back
Top Bottom