Questing for people who know CORI

It was my understanding that a CWOF should not appear on a CORI check 5 years after it happened, but for my friends CORI check, that isn't the case. Can someone with more knowledge of the CORI systems enlighten me?

As a follow up, I was wondering if you could clarify this information...

It says for sealed records:

The Department of Early Education and Care and its subcontractors that screen daycare workers have access to sealed record data.

But on the chart you posted it says day cares and public schools only have access to a Required 2, which shouldn't show sealed records...

Note that a qwof is not automatically sealed. You would have to submit a motion to seal to the appropriate court, or alternatively submit a request to Comm. of Probation. As long as your record is not three pages long, I would guess that a district court judge would grant a motion to seal.

But sealing a record in MA is irrelevant wrt gun permits and in fact cause a delay in processing as the PD has to request that the state unseal and give a determination. Additionally some PDs demand that the applicant give them a copy of the sealed file to review for suitability. And I was informed that you do NOT have a right to obtain a copy of your own juvie (and I'll assume any sealed as well) records, you need a judge's permission to obtain them.

Back
Top Bottom