• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Quality Red Dot Sight for AR Platform

Rockrivr1

NES Member
So I’m on the hunt for a new red dot optic for my AR. I’ve been using an original EoTech 512 and it’s eating batteries something fierce and will not reliably turn on anymore.

There are a lot of options out there now that wasn’t around when I bought the 512. So what do you like on your AR.

I have a Holosun 510C on a 300 BLK LED with up to 50k hours battery life, Multi-Reticle System, Solar Failsafe, and Shake Awake.

Happy with it so far

X0hSLmpwZw

I would buy 2 or 3 on Amazon and try them, return the one you don't like.

I tried a Holosun at Steel Challenge 2 months ago and it was great, from the first time I grabbed the rifle I was able to find the dot instantly, it was natural. I liked it.

Aimpoint T-2 on a Scalarworks LEAP tall mount View attachment 711654

For me, this set up is like the optimum reference model for AR red dots. What all other companies are chasing. Just pricey though, so I haven't gotten a set yet.

I currently use a Vortex Sparc Solar. Comes with a decent mount. Upshot is up to a 150k hour battery life. Downside is that this figure only works if the gun is outside a lot (which mine isn't). But I'll get this Aimpoint/Scalarworks set up one day...

I have a Holosun 510C on a 300 BLK LED with up to 50k hours battery life, Multi-Reticle System, Solar Failsafe, and Shake Awake.

Happy with it so far

X0hSLmpwZw

This.
Very happy for the money and it’s been more reliable than my acog.
Yeah you read that right.

Im not a red dot user but I ran 50 rounds down range with a AR sporting the leupold delta point pro.
I was pleased with it.

Im still rocking a gen I pro point , which happens to live on my 50 cal Omega at the moment.

For red dots on my rifles I use Aimpoint T2’s, Comp m4s on larue mount, Comp m5. the T2’s and m5’s are on LEAP mounts. Obviously by todays standards the m4 is huge but it’s going on 11 years old. Still works great. For Holo I like the Eotech Exps. I’ve also picked up a few of the etched reticle Primary Arms 1x and 3x optics for my rifles where I don’t want to have to depend on a battery. depends on your use case. I will say my eyes are getting worse(astigmatism) so the aimpoints are getting harder to use, another reason I have started with the etched reticles.

I have plain red dots but if I were to get AR optics now I would go with the chevron. Can't beat this for just over a ben.

I've got an old Aimpoint CompM2 on one. Got a Sig Romeo7 green dot on another. Both are awesome for my backyard blasting.

Previously had a Bushnell TRS-32, similar form factor to my aimpoint. Never failed me and 1/4 price of my aimpoint.

If all else fails, got a few Pintys for backup🤣

I found the RMRs to be too small on my rifles, personally. I like a bigger window.
That’s a good point.
Dead nuts reliable though and under 500 bucks.
If the man liked the 512 then maybe he should just go with an exps 2 or 3.

Btw hey op. Did you “mean” red dot?
Or holographic?

Happy with it so far

X0hSLmpwZw

+1, I have one of these and it’s my favorite.

For reference I also have an aimpoint pro and a trijicon mro.

I like the wide field of view on the 510c plus all the extra features are nice.

The mro has a nice dot and good size, it’s good for a lightweight rifle or a pcc.

Back
Top Bottom