• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Quality Knife -- Great Price -- Want to share.

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Hey everyone, I wanted to share this link for custom knives.

I've been dealing with Russ Burke for quite a few years. He owns one of the larger online retailers for diecast model cars, called Milezone.com.

He's been in the diecast car business for a long time, and has always provided great service and prices.

What does this have to do with knives?

Almost a year ago he decided to open up another site dedicated to one of his other passions, knives. He enjoys making custom knives, and has been selling them at gun shows in the Kentucky area and online. He also sells other lines of knives at his www.bluegrassblades.com site.

He'll soon be closing down that site and selling all his knives through his diecast car site, www.milezone.com

And right now, his custom knives are all up at this page. http://www.milezone.com/mz-knives/

Yesterday I picked up at the post office one that I ordered last week. It's fantastic. Custom handle made from cherry and oak with a yellow inlay, Damascus blade and full tang.
Came with a leather sheath, and with shipping was less than $100.

Each one is unique. I just wanted to share in case anyone was looking for a new source for knives.

Oh, and he's thinking of getting into custom rifle stocks.

Hey everyone, I wanted to share this link for custom knives.

I've been dealing with Russ Burke for quite a few years. He owns one of the larger online retailers for diecast model cars, called Milezone.com.

He's been in the diecast car business for a long time, and has always provided great service and prices.

What does this have to do with knives?

Almost a year ago he decided to open up another site dedicated to one of his other passions, knives. He enjoys making custom knives, and has been selling them at gun shows in the Kentucky area and online. He also sells other lines of knives at his www.bluegrassblades.com site.

He'll soon be closing down that site and selling all his knives through his diecast car site, www.milezone.com

And right now, his custom knives are all up at this page. http://www.milezone.com/mz-knives/

Yesterday I picked up at the post office one that I ordered last week. It's fantastic. Custom handle made from cherry and oak with a yellow inlay, Damascus blade and full tang.
Came with a leather sheath, and with shipping was less than $100.

Each one is unique. I just wanted to share in case anyone was looking for a new source for knives.

Oh, and he's thinking of getting into custom rifle stocks.

[pics]

It's a nice knife , judging by the sites pictures. But it's six identical knives with different handles ...
Makes me wonder if they're kit knives from someone else.

It's a nice knife , judging by the sites pictures. But it's six identical knives with different handles ...
Makes me wonder if they're kit knives from someone else.

From the knife descriptions said:
This is a Bluegrass Blades Exclusive custom knife, the 1 and only blade design produced for BluegrassBlades.Com.

Clearly he orders his blades prefabbed...

Clearly he orders his blades prefabbed...

I'd wager that most smaller knife producers do. I know he doesn't have the capacity to forge steel himself.

Last year I took part in the Red Bearded Blades GB, and that guy orders the blanks and then does the coating, laser engraving and paracord himself. Similar situation here. Russ gets the knife bodies made for him, and then he customizes them and makes the handles.

He orders them. I made one blade he used and it came out well. A lot of what I see is just off the shelf stuff. But his prices are darn good on the stuff. He used some MTEch stuff. Cheaper steel but what do you want for $11? High quality steel costs money but is worth the extra dough. Two Finger Knife makes good steel. As does Alabama Damascus and Craig Barr. I stabilize wood and then make custom handles. There is no way I can get one out the door for $20. $50 is possible if I use Chinese steel and cheap wood (plain Maple). Using dyed and stabilized wood with mosaic pin and liners put them over $100. Top of the line stuff can put them at $300 or more but you can't beat the look and performance.

Back
Top Bottom