Quality auto’s in NH?

jeffC

NES Member
Me and the family are on vacation in NH for the week. As a collector of knives, can anyone give me an Idea of where to go to find a decent collection of autos? Not the $20-$50 Chinese cheapos, but, microtechs, benchmade, and the like.
Looking in the Plymouth area.
Any help will be appreciated. Promise to post pics once I grab one/two/three. Already scooped up some trash Chinese made ones to add to the collection, but I want to find some quality knives while I’m out here.
Knife posted was bought for $20, and is already falling apart!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
So I like Abes quite a bit and I have spent a decent amount of money there. While I wasn't really looking at knives I don't think I've seen a modern name brand knife in the shop. It's still worth the trip though.

*I tend to order mine straight from BM.

If you're in Plymouth already, just cruise on up through Franconia Notch, take Exit 35, and stay on Rt. 3 until you hit the town square in Whitefield. Village Gun Store is a long-time institution of the North Country, and Josh has a decent variety of automatics, assisted, various lockers, and fixed blades all for sale.

He is also genuine Good People, a military historian, and his shop is a mini-museum in itself.

Well worth the visit.

Unfortunately, Abe passed away over the winter. Not sure if the shop on Rte. 104 is still open. He had two employees who may have taken it over.

For those who don't know or remember, Abe was one of the driving forces in getting autos legalized in New Hampshire. He always had a good selection.

Unfortunately, Abe passed away over the winter. Not sure if the shop on Rte. 104 is still open. He had two employees who may have taken it over.

For those who don't know or remember, Abe was one of the driving forces in getting autos legalized in New Hampshire. He always had a good selection.

I haven't driven that way for a couple months, but I THINK they are still open.

I have to be down in Tilton tomorrow, so if I remember, I'll swing down 104 on the way home.

Wow, I didn't know- that's terrible. I hope it stays open, it's a good place.

Checked out some good spots! Thanks for all the input guys!! For future reference, in case anyone references back to this thread… hands down best knife shop I’ve found out here is “army barracks” in Conway. They’ve got 4-5x the selection of all the other shops I hit. Amazing prices, and an excellent balance of cheapo $3-$20 dollar knives, all the way up to benchmade, kabar, buck, ACK, esee, Ontario, Randall, etc.
they also have a crazy selection of air soft guns. I’ve never cared for those, but, for the price… I scooped up an HK licensed UMP45 full auto for my son and had a BLAST poking holes in apples on our rental property!!
Thanks everyone for the input!!!!!

nothing to do with the original post, just a comment...but as i mentioned before, i'm a sucker for a good otf knife. i did sell my small collection of them so always looking. got a surprise one day while up to riely's gun shop before they went under and stumbled upon a stand alone revolving showcase with some great auto openers and a bunch of microtech otf stuff. never remember seeing it before in any of my twice yearly runs up to the vicinity to visit shops in that area. i meant to go back to see if i could score a deal or two on them before they closed but... the point, sometimes you bump into decent selections in the least expected places. i live in massachusetts and don't travel deep into n.h. much. i handicap myself by limiting my forays to southern n.h.

If you're in Plymouth already, just cruise on up through Franconia Notch, take Exit 35, and stay on Rt. 3 until you hit the town square in Whitefield. Village Gun Store is a long-time institution of the North Country, and Josh has a decent variety of automatics, assisted, various lockers, and fixed blades all for sale.

He is also genuine Good People, a military historian, and his shop is a mini-museum in itself.

Well worth the visit.

Finally went in there. Didn't buy anything but a hunting license, but spent probably an hour and a half BSing with the owner(Josh).

Legitimately a good dude.

Back
Top Bottom