• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Quality AR-15 BCG?

I am looking to upgrade my BCG to something a little better than stock one that came with my Bushmaster upper. Any opinions out there? Looking for something gas operated, not piston, and something on the higher end of things, and I don't mind paying for it as long as it is worth the money.

TO be honest the current one is fine, I am just a little unhappy with the finish and how it seems to be rough enough to be more difficult than it needs to be when I am cleaning it, that and the fact that I love, and am addicted to, buying parts and tweaking what I have. Mainly though I just don't like the rougher finish than what I had in my M4.

- - - Updated - - -

Daniel Defense is a brand that I am hearing over and over, sounding like I may be going that route.

I run Bravo company m16 carriers in my guns, IMO they have proved to be the best through my experience. Your issue will be finding one for a not ridiculous price. Someone I work with kept harrasing me about selling him a BCG and I had some spares I wasn't looking to get rid of. I jokingly said "500 dollars" and he surprised the hell out of me and got the cash for it.

Right now is a less than ideal time to pickup a new BCG. If you want something easy to clean you could get a Nickel Boron coated carrier. Fail Zero and WMD make nice ones. I have one from RGuns that has worked well so far. If you want a standard one BCM or DD are good options.

I just want to get rid of the dumb ass finish that the one I have came with, I will never understand why a company would go with a rough textured finish on a BCG. Almost seems like a total brain fart on someone part during the design phase if you ask me. It is performing fine though, I love the rifle as a whole, I am just trying to do what I want to it, so it is exactly the way I have always intended it to be.

I just want to get rid of the dumb ass finish that the one I have came with, I will never understand why a company would go with a rough textured finish on a BCG. Almost seems like a total brain fart on someone part during the design phase if you ask me. It is performing fine though, I love the rifle as a whole, I am just trying to do what I want to it, so it is exactly the way I have always intended it to be.

Holds lube better? I don't know...

I'm looking for a (any) BCG though, so if you find an upgrade I'll buy your old one.

That is the only possibility I can come up with as well, that maybe they thought the lube wouldn't run off as easy or something, but I really don't think it does that at all, it just makes things tougher to clean and I'm sure it effects the operation slightly as well.

I love BCM. I just noticed they bumped the price to $225. They were holding at $159 until yesterday or so. "All additional proceeds to go to the NRA."

I can totally spend the extra money and feel fine with it if it is going to support the NRA. At least it isn't just going in to some price gouger's pocket, something good will come of it going to the NRA.

Holds lube better? I don't know...

I would guess this. In the suspension world, they used to use glass smooth coatings on parts that slid. Now they have discovered that a rougher surface holds oil better and in turn is actually a slicker and smoother surface.

Think about sliding you wet finger across a glass surface like a mirror and how much it actually grabs.

Back
Top Bottom