• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Quabbin Res. Prices

Just a heads up for anyone who uses the Quabbin Res. or any other DCR lands, there will be three meetings coming up to decide if they will raise the prices. As we all know this is MA so a price increase is all but assured.

I like going to the Res and renting a boat but this proposal will increase the rate to a total of $46 dollars, that is getting a little much.

Well that sucks! I wonder what the ramp/parking fee's will be this year?
Quabbin Reservior is so beautiful that everyone in Mass should experience it from a boat at least once in their lifetime. With rental fee's that high in this economy there will be plenty of boats on the dock.
Mickey whenever you want to go out in my Lund on Quabbin just send me a PM or an email. We should do the NES Quabbin meet/greet fishing day this spring.....I probably should go green soon too..only been a year [rolleyes]
Off topic.....I spoke with a guide/Quabbin flytyer/ and bigtime quabbin fisherman this winter and he said he caught and saw Landlock Salmon up to and over 7lbs last season and the smallest was 3 + lbs.
Nevermind the size increase in the lakers and Smallmouth.
Should be open the second or third Saturday in April, ice depending.

Good find!

-op

Where else can you fish at a secluded reserviour with no other non fishing yahoos (read jet skis, drunken and other morons) and include parking and boat rental for 46 bucks??? [rolleyes] It is still quite a bargain on a superb fishery!

They propose an increase from $4.00 per vehicle to $6.00 per vehicle and $8.00 for a vehicle and trailer to park. Boat rental fees would increase from $30.00 a full day to $40.00, and an increase from $15.00 for a half day to $30.00. These fees are propsed only at this time. They stated that some of these fees have not increased in over a decade. It certainly wouldn't keep me away....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom