• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Q on reputation icons...

Okay, so I can grok the green reputation icon -
reputation_pos.gif
- that's good, right?

And I'd guess that red is bad (don't think I've gotten any, at least of which I am aware)...

What does the "empty" reputation icon (grey-ish) mean?

The one that looks like this:

reputation_balance.gif

Thanks!

Derek,

I mean under my User CP - at the very bottom, there's a list of the most recent rep points left for me. Some are green, some are grey.

I thought that green meant that someone was leaving me positive feedback (+1), and that red would mean negative (-1), but grey was confusing me. I am, after all, bear of little brain... [wink]

It's the reputation of the person leaving it.

ETA: If they have not received enough rating their rating feedback will carry no weight towards your rating. So it will show up greyish not red or green

Last edited:
Red is bad feed back, green is good. Grey is the color of a person with no rep yet so they can't weigh in on your total.

So if someone is red would they be able to leave feedback that "counts", or would only green folks with a certain "rep level" be able to affect your overall rating?

For instance someone gave me a +1 for the EoTech group buy, but since they were "an unknown quantity" when they left the point, it didn't add a point to my overall total.

Oddly enough, you can be green and still be an unknown quantity. Is it only when the poster reaches "is on a distinguished road" that he or she can affect rep levels?

Not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill, but I've wondered this for a while now. [smile]

How can I find out who left me negative feedback ? I would like to meet the person face to face and punch him in the throat.On the other hand, I would like to meet the people that left me positive feedback so I can give them a big man-hug.

DAMN! You were just about to get a +1 rep point for punching someone in the throat, but then you had to add in the man-hug thing, so that gets you a -1.... I guess it's a wash!

How can I find out who left me negative feedback ? I would like to meet the person face to face and punch him in the throat.On the other hand, I would like to meet the people that left me positive feedback so I can give them a big man-hug.

I think it would be utterly hysterical if both of these people were in the same room at the same time and you punched one, and then immediately hugged the other.

Maybe the other way around so the offender could see it coming...[wink]

I think it would be utterly hysterical if both of these people were in the same room at the same time and you punched one, and then immediately hugged the other.

Maybe the other way around so the offender could see it coming...[wink]

that made me laugh

Maybe its better we never know

Not to point out how much of a troll I am, :) but;

I have 5 rep points when I click on that little scale to the left.

However, when I look in my user CP, I only have three good, one neutral, and one bad (and one irrelevant infraction).

3+0-1= 2

Should I only have 2 points?

I'd take the punch over the hug. It might hurt a little more at first, but I'd feel better later.

Not to point out how much of a troll I am, :) but;

I have 5 rep points when I click on that little scale to the left.

However, when I look in my user CP, I only have three good, one neutral, and one bad (and one irrelevant infraction).

3+0-1= 2

Should I only have 2 points?

One rep point to put you on the good side!

You're probably only seeing the most recent rep points. There's a button to click to see all postings.

Ken

Where is that button? I haven't found anything that will let me see anything beyond the default last couple of reps. TIA.

Back
Top Bottom