Q Honey Badger Pistol is an SBR... Your Brace is Next!

People hate the guy, but this is pretty awesome.

View attachment 397533

This is like offering to pay for the rape kit, lol, we got your back when you are bent over the barrel. Giving you $200 instead of refunding 2.5k sounds like a good deal, no patriohomo.

The whole purpose of "non-sbr pistol" is to keep it off registry and not ask permissions to travel to a different state. I'd gladly pay $200 "tax" if it never came with any registration papieren and even gladder to stuff $200 roll of 1$ bills into ATF's agent's a**h***.

what they are saying now is that its not just the brace but how its applied to the firearm. Like for instance if you built it with a scope that has a 3" eye relief or something that would warrant it to be shoulder fired. This came down on the CT "others" as well.

NFA should be nothing more than an extra "sales" tax you pay at your dealer of choice when purchasing a fine weapon or accessory. It was not written as a registry.

Banned? Or initially just taxed, tracked, and registered?

Remember, Beto, Biden and friends want to include all "assault weapons" under the NFA regime, not just SBS & SBR. If they get that through, then the next step will be to implement the original intent of the NFA and move handguns under Title II.
lazy paraphrase, updated. Thank you for keeping me honest

what they are saying now is that its not just the brace but how its applied to the firearm. Like for instance if you built it with a scope that has a 3" eye relief or something that would warrant it to be shoulder fired. This came down on the CT "others" as well.

That was ALWAYS was the case, ALWAYS. People just waking up to this NOW.

Colion Noir had both Kevin from Q and then the inventor of the brace on last night.

For those who don't want to listen through the vids, here is the summary:

Nothing new category:
ATF evals brace+gun configuration, just like they did for a lot of other accessories
ATF won't go on record or provide details what's wrong or provide public guidelines
Other companies with same clones are OK for now, but those are bigger bois with bigger lawyer teams.

DOJ won't step in to rein in ATF
NRA doesn't want to help, seems like they don't want to come too hot before election and lend their mailing list.

"Presiden't sons have them, will ATF arrest them!" - no, of course not, peasant.
4 mil SB braces in circulation now
4000 Badgers sold, nothing gradfathered
only 10k-15k bumpstocks were affected by previous ban

ATF won't publicly publish standards
ATF going after small companies, not big guys

"we are in la la land" - caucasian please, we have been in the f***ing la la land for decades, were you born yesterday?
ATF are political hacks - yeah, and your point is?

"Trump has not been able to take flamethrower to that place ..." - again, just because we are against Biden/Slut team, doesn't make Trump more palatable. He absolutely had enough time to and he didn't.
"How is this a public safety issue?"

DOJ demanded that ATF publish standards and ATF told them to go f*** themselves.

Q vs Sig, ATF likes to rape smaller companies.

"There are great people at ATF" ... tasty boots

"NRA has been helpful" ... and we don't want to piss off NRA either, keep buying our shit

There have been rumblings since Spring that the ATF was going to make a move on braces, be it a ban or a further classification. We know that length of pull plays a factor in whether it's a pistol being braced or an SBR. I see the Q Honey Badger has a quick adjust brace that looks to have an LOP that exceeds 13.5" when fully extended, which is where ATF says it is buttstock length.

There's also the issue of Q not being a big company like Sig that's now got so many gov't contracts they may as well be the old Springfield Armory. Clearly, the MPX aside, Sig gets preferential treatment by the ATF. Sig has a lot of money, I'm sure they send many in the ATF's Technology Branch lots of Christmas presents for all the hard work they do and in return Sig's pistols like the Copperhead stay out of SBR territory.

Then the 800 lb Donk in the room is Biden possibly being President and the ATF is getting ready to do the hokey pokey dance and say all pistol braces are illegal SBR's.

I feel like this may be the ATF getting ready for a change of guard, although under Obama I don't believe the ATF was at all supportive of his wishes. Such is probably paranoia.

For years companies like Ruger have been blasting out cheap AR pistols. Even though the ATF has been able to flip flop frequently on their interpretations, and the bump stock thing was a terrible precedent, I don't see how they will be able to make millions? of firearms illegal by a decree in this case. Maybe some corner case like adjustable or long pull braces though. Or maybe ATF decides they need to approve every design, which would put all our home built pistols in question.

There have been rumblings since Spring that the ATF was going to make a move on braces, be it a ban or a further classification. We know that length of pull plays a factor in whether it's a pistol being braced or an SBR. I see the Q Honey Badger has a quick adjust brace that looks to have an LOP that exceeds 13.5" when fully extended, which is where ATF says it is buttstock length.

The Honey Badger pistol has a length of pull less than 13.5” when measured correctly, in a line from the trigger to the end of the brace/stock and parallel to the bore. The ATF tech branch did a diagonal measurement from the trigger to the very top of the brace end to get over 13.5”. Which is not the correct measurement technique in any circle.

“Arm brace” 😄 is there anyone here that actually doesn’t shoulder their “pistols”?
that-would-be-telling.jpg

“Arm brace” 😄 is there anyone here that actually doesn’t shoulder their “pistols”?
I've tried it, shooting with irons is tough, red dot not as bad. Recoil sucks with blowback PCCs, fine with .22. You don't even need the buffer tube with a .22, but when shooting off a rest the tube is a good check weld and fits into the rear rest very solidly.

There's also the issue of Q not being a big company like Sig that's now got so many gov't contracts they may as well be the old Springfield Armory. Clearly, the MPX aside, Sig gets preferential treatment by the ATF. Sig has a lot of money, I'm sure they send many in the ATF's Technology Branch lots of Christmas presents for all the hard work they do and in return Sig's pistols like the Copperhead stay out of SBR territory.

IIRC sig also had some court case with the ATF, not sure where that went.

What happened with CT "Others"?
I just looked at Hoffman's web page, and they're still selling them.

IIRC sig also had some court case with the ATF, not sure where that went.

They did, it was a MPX barrel with a perm'd "brake" that they intended to sell a registered sleeve that threaded over the "brake". It was all over the local papers when they took the fight to court.

They did, it was a MPX barrel with a perm'd "brake" that they intended to sell a registered sleeve that threaded over the "brake". It was all over the local papers when they took the fight to court.

There was that one, but I could have sworn they had a "brace" thing with them too.

Looking at potential ways things go..

For those who place a high value their braced pistol format, it is worth considering if it's time to SBR them in the event this election doesn't go as planned.

One of Biden's ideas ("plans", hard to know the real odds of this pie in the sky) is to force us to NFA all our bad guns.

I can't imagine they will overlook that in such a situation we will SBR many of them in the process.

If braces become more of a grey area again, or illegal all together, and they cut off new SBR's, anyone wanting that weapon format will be SOL. Once regulations become proposed it may be too late to react.

So in short I would say, if you put a high value on short AR's, maybe get things in order to SBR what you want Nov 4th if things don't go our way. Then you have a decent shot at a stamp before anything can change, before the dots are connected and there is a flood of such activity.

For those who place a high value their braced pistol format, it is worth considering if it's time to SBR them in the event this election doesn't go as planned.

One of Biden's ideas ("plans", hard to know the real odds of this pie in the sky) is to force us to NFA all our bad guns.

I can't imagine they will overlook that in such a situation we will SBR many of them in the process.

If braces become more of a grey area again, or illegal all together, and they cut off new SBR's, anyone wanting that weapon format will be SOL. Once regulations become proposed it may be too late to react.

So in short I would say, if you put a high value on short AR's, maybe get things in order to SBR what you want Nov 4th if things don't go our way. Then you have a decent shot at a stamp before anything can change, before the dots are connected and there is a flood of such activity.

If you care about any of this, you could just remove the brace from the receiver extension and it is like every AR pistol that existed before the brace work around.

F171D0D9-E15A-4663-AF38-EB82BAAA3686.jpeg

If you care about any of this, you could just remove the brace from the receiver extension and it is like every AR pistol that existed before the brace work around.

I guess but before the brace work around AR pistols were a lot less popular and useful.

Myself if it came down to brace removal I would go to a carbine w/ a pencil barrel with a muzzle device pinned on there to make it the bare 16 inch minimum, an ultra light handguard like an Aero Atlas. Or I would SBR it..

Something like a Sig MPX, HK SP5, Ruger PC Charger, tec-9-ish inspired pistols, those remain pertinent without a brace but an AR and it's buffer tube without one is stupid.

I guess but before the brace work around AR pistols were a lot less popular and useful.

Myself if it came down to brace removal I would go to a carbine w/ a pencil barrel with a muzzle device pinned on there to make it the bare 16 inch minimum, an ultra light handguard like an Aero Atlas. Or I would SBR it..

Something like a Sig MPX, HK SP5, Ruger PC Charger, tec-9-ish inspired pistols, those remain pertinent without a brace but an AR and it's buffer tube without one is stupid.

Before braces were a thing I shouldered a pistol off the receiver extension and was able to fire it just fine. Ideal? No, but far from useless.

Back
Top Bottom