• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PWS FSC556 With Sig 516

BREWINZ

NES Member
I recently purchased a PWS FSC556 that I plan to have pinned and welded on my Sig 516. However, the end of the barrel is wider in diameter than the hole on the muzzle brake. Is this common or do I need to switch out the barrel? Does the gunsmith work some magic?

are you saying the brake/comp wont thread onto the barrel? both should be 1/2x28

Is your barrel threaded? Is there a thread protector cap on the threads that you need to unscrew?

I recently purchased a PWS FSC556 that I plan to have pinned and welded on my Sig 516. However, the end of the barrel is wider in diameter than the hole on the muzzle brake. Is this common or do I need to switch out the barrel? Does the gunsmith work some magic?

Here is a picture. Albeit a very poor one. Bought the rifle new about 4 months ago and it's a "MA Compliant" model. No threading that I can see.

P1000113.jpg

In that case, the gunsmith will have to turn down the end of the barrel, then thread it to match the muzzle device. Then they will pin and weld it in place.

Double check to make sure there is no thread protector cap on it first. I've got a barrel that has a cap that you can barely tell it is on there. If no cap and threads you will have to have it done by a gunsmith or just shoot it without a brake and put your brake on the next rifle you buy.[smile]

Here is a picture. Albeit a very poor one. Bought the rifle new about 4 months ago and it's a "MA Compliant" model. No threading that I can see.

View attachment 171490

If it's a MA compliant model there's not likely to be a thread protector. Otherwise it's not MA compliant, unless the thread protector is welded on. A threaded barrel is one of the dreaded "evil features" that makes an assault rifle an assault rifle.

I have a gun with a threaded barrel and the caps not welded on and it's legal. It's a bolt action.[wink][smile]

If it's a MA compliant model there's not likely to be a thread protector. Otherwise it's not MA compliant, unless the thread protector is welded on. A threaded barrel is one of the dreaded "evil features" that makes an assault rifle an assault rifle.

Back
Top Bottom