• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Putting Money Where Your Mouth is... Trump 2020 Donation thread

You beat me to it, he even said in 2016 he'd be self funded and wouldn't take donations. (spoiler alert - he's not really rich!)

Correction: he vowed to self-finance his primary. Which he did. The national election was funded by the RNC, Trump never claimed he was going to self-finance the general election.

Last edited:
There are two reasons I don't donate: 1. The junk mail/email/Phone/Texts that come after and 2. Donations are public info (including the employer being listed). Our local newspaper has listed local political donors before, both at the national level and in the most recent local Mayor's race last year. I own a business that caters to the public in a deep blue State, I don't need people knowing who I make my political donations to.

There are two reasons I don't donate: 1. The junk mail/email/Phone/Texts that come after and 2. Donations are public info (including the employer being listed). Our local newspaper has listed local political donors before, both at the national level and in the most recent local Mayor's race last year. I own a business that caters to the public in a deep blue State, I don't need people knowing who I make my political donations to.
Big brain move there.

I just click "Retired"...

Perhaps I should venmo someone to make a donation on my behalf...
You could always "Vinnie" it.
It'll get there after the vig is settled...
1603914430129.png
Big Paulie Castellano, though not a "Vinny" conveys my sentiments succinctly...

Last edited:

Just state "Unemployed" or "Other" for those that have reservations......It might just end the discussion there...😎

I've donated about $3,000 to various races around the country. I mean Trump was going to get my vote no matter what, but there are some real good conservatives and many black conservatives and I wanted to give them a show of support, so I spread it around, $100 here, $100 there, etc.

Just state "Unemployed" or "Other" for those that have reservations......It might just end the discussion there...😎

It's not just the employment info, I could always say self-employed. The business is well enough known as is the fact that I own it. Plus I don't need the spam/calls etc. I'm still getting junk mail from a donation I made in 2008.

I honestly think they’d get a lot more mileage if they didn’t act like savages with the daily texts and emails. It’s bordering on harassment. I don’t care who you are, that’s a big turn off after a very short while and IMO they’re going about it wrong by not knowing their audience, mostly blue collar families that can give a little here and there but will bounce you off the porch in a heartbeat if you get insulting or pushy.

It's not just the employment info, I could always say self-employed. The business is well enough known as is the fact that I own it. Plus I don't need the spam/calls etc. I'm still getting junk mail from a donation I made in 2008.

Yah..I get it...Hard for someone like me who is "employed by another" to sometimes undertand the whole Business owner perspective...God Bless you guys...

Just out of curiosty has anyone ever tried just typing in atericks(****) or question marks(???) "?".... Wonder what would happen...🤔

I hope Trump wins and certainly will vote for him, but if wants money from me he can take it out of the ~$3300 per year I've been poked ever since he axed the SALT deduction. How's that for putting my money where my mouth is?

Back
Top Bottom