• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Putting firearms in will

Prepper

NES Member
I bet this has been asked before, and I do see the inheritance sticky up at the top, but my head near exploded upon trying to read it all.

I'm just filling out my will, where one relative in MA takes everything except the firearms. I want to put in one sentence to specifically will all firearms, ammo and accessories to a friend in MA who has an LTC. I'm thinking this should be simple... we're both in MA and both have LTC-A, and all firearms are properly registered in MA and are legal here.

Can I just do that and be good to go? After my untimely demise, would it then be as simple as the friend taking possession of them and filling out the FA-10's (clicking the "register" box)? Or is something bad going to happen? (I'm in MA, so I always assume something bad is going to happen.)

My will reads that all firearms, ammunition and firearm related materials are bequeathed to my son. And since he is the only other person with the safe combinations it should not be a problem. The paperwork is up to him.

Oh, thanks for the reminder... safe combinations! I'll have to remember to give the details to the friend separate from the will.

Mine is in addendum, all my firearms will go to my brother till my son is of legal age to possess them.

Back
Top Bottom