Putting armed cops in school is insane!!!

Kind of hilarious. Thanks for posting, I didn't know this.

It sounds like the Clinton thing was aimed more at inner city schools, trying to combat gang violence and that sort of thing, but it's definitely still relevant.

The moonbats are not going to be happy with armed guards...expecially evil volunteer ones! It makes sense on one hand, but there are other problems on the other (like what if a kid steals a handgun from a teacher's bag. But I do not see any problem with bullet proof hardened entrances/video cameras/someone working the door. Also, cops should routinely make patrols thru the schools (driving unmarked cars)--this should be publicised to "keep the kooks" guessing.

I also think there should be hardended doors in/out of every major space in the school, so if there is a lock down, the inside of the secured rooms should hold up to a lot of gun fire for at least a few minutes.

I'm not trying to sound overly callus. I am the father of two and can't imagine anything like this happening to my kids. However, I'm getting kind of fed up at the wailing and gnashing of teeth and blaming objects instead of people.

The terror of putting an armed cop/security guard/teacher/principal/whatever in a school because they may not be trained and may hit an innocent child exposes the lie of "if an awb saves just one child" as utter bulls**t. If that janitor with a ccw manages to stop the bad guy, even if he hits a kid or two, didn't he save at least one child?

Durfee High School in Fall River has had 1-3 armed SRO's since at least the late 90s....even the middle schools have an SRO (maybe for the last 5+ years).

Arm teachers. The last hing we need is more people on the .gov dole. This is a stupid idea. The only thing it does is reinforce the idea that mere civilians are not capable of protecting themselves or "trained to handle firearms".

Again the NRA hurts the cause rather than helps.

just do what Israel, Thailand, and South Africa do for their schools....they stopped having problems of school killings after implementing their solutions...

We have had a Policeman in our high school for the last 10 years or so.

Last edited:
The NRA is STUPID to suggest putting armed cops in schools.....

But Bill Clinton was brilliant to suggest the same thing

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-co...-in-schools-because-of-columbine-2546306.html

Frankly i am dead against putting an armed security guard or police officer in schools. For one they are just target number one where as teachers and faculty carrying concealed is more of a guessing game as to who has something on them. And secondly to we need to usher in the era of the SSA(School Safety Administration) I have had enough of the 3 letter .gov orgs sucking up our tax money when I am sure there are plenty of already qualified teachers and faculty that will be there anyway. But even then it is a logistical nightmare with liability I can hear the "my child died under your watch" lawsuits coming now. Really it for me goes right back to a mental health and proactive movement on the parents of these kids that have issues that need to be dealt with.

Arm teachers. The last hing we need is more people on the .gov dole. This is a stupid idea. The only thing it does is reinforce the idea that mere civilians are not capable of protecting themselves or "trained to handle firearms".

how is someone working for a living on the .gov dole? you are already paying for LEO's - whether they make their OT for National Grid, Comcast or sitting at a school flirting with the teachers.

seriously? WTF dude? the teacher's union(s) will never allow for them to CC in New England. SRO's is the quickest and most efficient fix.

ETA: nice hand writing and good points but that video is way to eFing long to watch. i made it about 4 min. [laugh] don't want power? don't use it. self-correcting problem. get a stove or just bundle up. jesus.

No. Allow teachers the choice of being armed or not. We don't need another quasi-police force.

They should simply train two or three staff per school to conceal carry. This whole idea about putting cops does nothing but make the schools feel more like prisons. Wrong direction to go.

The TSA will fit this bill nicely.

No, they won't. i would love to see if we've so far beyond retard to trust "our children" to a bunch of Federal Mall Cops.

think about it. the TSA has NOT done a GD thing to better the security of this country. to suggest otherwise would be insane.

-i'm just going off the quick fix, which is SRO's. is it going to cost? yes. the only other option is to keep the kids at home and teach them yourself.

When I was in high school in the 90s, all the high schools had a cop on duty (SRO) and it was most definitely NOT a rough area. I thought that was standard.

When I was in high school in the 90s, all the high schools had a cop on duty (SRO) and it was most definitely NOT a rough area. I thought that was standard.

Same here. This was back in the late 80's/early 90's, and we had two armed police officers. We were far from a "rough" school. Our school system had so much money they used it to build the first artifical field stadium for a high school in the state. I thought this was normal.

~SW

Cut the rush hour radar patrols and send those guys to a school. I can't believe this is even up for debate.

i graduated in 09 and we had one too. I went to West Bridgewater, more cows than people.

Back
Top Bottom