Purchasing Suppressors In NH As A New Resident

Tartakovsky

NES Member
Officially moved to Chester, NH last week. Closed on new house Thursday and got our temporary NH licenses Monday and vehicles registered as well. Can I go buy suppressors now with my temporary license/passport or do I have to wait until I get my official NH drivers license?

Officially moved to Chester, NH last week. Closed on new house Thursday and got our temporary NH licenses Monday and vehicles registered as well. Can I go buy suppressors now with my temporary license/passport or do I have to wait until I get my official NH drivers license?
You're not wasting any time, are you? What's next a machine gun? [mg]Congrats on your new home and new-found freedom.

I would go for it today.

Choose an experienced local stocking dealer and they'll help you get the paperwork started.

I’d probably wait for your official license to come through to avoid any complication with the ATF paperwork. Nothing worse than getting a reject after waiting a long time.
Not sure how there could be a complication related to the lack of a "official NH drivers license" in this situation?

I've sent in many Form 1 & 4s; there isn't even a spot on those forms for your DL details -- Per my recollection, I didn't even show the DL to the FFL until the happy day I went to pick up my purchases.

Last edited:
The temp licenses have a short expiration date. The plastic will have the 4/5 year expiration date.

I only mention that because your temp will expire before your ATF paperwork is approved.

The temp licenses have a short expiration date. The plastic will have the 4/5 year expiration date.

I only mention that because your temp will expire before your ATF paperwork is approved.
If you move out of state while the form is still pending, that would be a PITA. An in-state move is less of an issue, and driver's license doesn't even come into play for the Form 4 submission -- you could file a Form 4 without even possessing a DL or similar state identification document.

I would go for it today.

Choose an experienced local stocking dealer and they'll help you get the paperwork started.

Not sure how there could be a complication related to the lack of a "official NH drivers license" in this situation?

I've sent in many Form 1 & 4s; there isn't even a spot on those forms for your DL details -- Per my recollection, I didn't even show the DL to the FFL until the happy day I went to pick up my purchases.
“Purchased” cans at Capitol Armory and going to Printscan Monday for prints/EFT file. Need to send them prints and they handle all the paperwork from there, sending me links in Docusign to add signatures. When f4s are approved, they mail the cans direct to my front door.

“Purchased” cans at Capitol Armory and going to Printscan Monday for prints/EFT file. Need to send them prints and they handle all the paperwork from there, sending me links in Docusign to add signatures. When f4s are approved, they mail the cans direct to my front door.
Merrimack Firearms, they will scan the prints right there. But I'm biased with 2 delivered and a third in process.

Back
Top Bottom