Purchasing shotgun from NH

deerdad

NES Member
Just want to double check on this but I believe it's OK. One of our younger members just got his FID (18 years old) He wants to get his first shotgun. He can purchase in NH can't he for long guns as long as they're not high cap? It seems to me that was OK but I can't remember.

No. You already have lots of cool guns in MA, that we can't buy (even long guns), so you are NOT allowed to take any of our guns across state lines. Instead, feel free to move here. (Just leave your over-priced Glocks down there - we'll ROTFLOAO at the prices you'll hope to get for them up here.

Go ahead on a shotty.

The real question is do you efa10 it?
Yes you do as a MA resident. MGL c. 140, §§128A and 128B requires all residents who purchase or obtain a firearm by any means other than by a personal sale/transfer or through a MA firearms dealer to register the firearm within 7 days using the MA Gun Transaction Portal (E-FA-10).

Yes you do as a MA resident. MGL c. 140, §§128A and 128B requires all residents who purchase or obtain a firearm by any means other than by a personal sale/transfer or through a MA firearms dealer to register the firearm within 7 days using the MA Gun Transaction Portal (E-FA-10).
You get a gold ⭐

OK I was pretty sure that was the case but not 100% sure. Now for some opinions on what to get. He wants a semi 12 gauge. I told him he would be better off with a smoothbore since he wants to hunt small game (pheasant, Turkey, rabbit, coyote and deer. ) Not sure what his budget is so I'll guess under 500. Any input?

He wants a semi 12 gauge . . smoothbore . . . hunt
Can't blame him. Consider the Stoeger M3000 I have mentioned in several threads. It has Benelli internals, has been popular with the 3-gun crowd, is $530, and can be found at Bass Pro.

I had one a long time. I parted with it because I got a great deal on a Beretta 1301 Comp, but it was flawless (I did upgrade to the Benelli extractor when I bought it), target loads to hunting loads.

Last edited:
I have never bought out of state but does the NH dealer typically inform people of that?
Of course you are supposed to know the laws on your own but...

I have never bought out of state but does the NH dealer typically inform people of that?
Of course you are supposed to know the laws on your own but..
That’d depend on the dealer. I wouldn’t think so, frankly I’d be surprised if they did. As long as the dealer follows the laws on their end, they won’t be affected by a customer failing to register the firearm after purchase. I doubt many NH dealers are even aware of this MA mandatory registration requirement.

Back
Top Bottom