• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Purchasing (MA Compliant) Combat Rifles

Thats not the best news for me...
I have a pre-banned glock 19 which is my one and only pistol at the moment. Might have to make a change sooner than I thought... I am seeing a 1911 on the horizon...

I could have worded that reply better. Boston Bans ALL hi-cap RIFLE mags. They are mute on pistol mags, so as long as they are pre-ban (9/13/1994 per state law), your G19 is OK.

We were originally talking about rifles in this thread.

Best that you actually read the Boston Ban Law for yourself, then you will know what is OK and what isn't.

You all have help out on this issue ten fold. I think Ill have to exercise other options for the time being.

This thought might come out to many as a straight "NO NO" judging by the general MA laws for gun possession but Ill throw it out there...

Would it be possible to own, lets say an assault rifle but store it outside the city? I'm thinking a relatives house or a friends house who also holds a gun permit. It seems like a long shot (no pun intended). Would like to get some others takes on this option

You all have help out on this issue ten fold. I think Ill have to exercise other options for the time being.

This thought might come out to many as a straight "NO NO" judging by the general MA laws for gun possession but Ill throw it out there...

Would it be possible to own, lets say an assault rifle but store it outside the city? I'm thinking a relatives house or a friends house who also holds a gun permit. It seems like a long shot (no pun intended). Would like to get some others takes on this option

As flintoid mentioned, you can store your AR (or other Boston no-no gun) outside the city to get around Boston's extra provisions, but you'd still be bound by MA's AWB. You could also get pre-ban high-cap rifle magazines and store them in the same place.

As flintoid mentioned, you can store your AR (or other Boston no-no gun) outside the city to get around Boston's extra provisions, but you'd still be bound by MA's AWB. You could also get pre-ban high-cap rifle magazines and store them in the same place.

Well stated, I think I might try to dig up more information on this and possibly go through with it.

I thought West Roxbury was actually its own town...which is odd because Roxbury is not. Sorry to change the subject...couldn't resist.

Can anyone tell me if the Barret m107 is legal in mass?

The Barrett m107. Is it legal in mass?

10 round magazine 29 inch barrel semi automatic 50 cal

Please Advise.

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be legal. I can't remember if Boston has anything against .50bmg guns, but outside of that you should be good, so long as you remove that shoulder thing that goes up.

Bottom line . . . Boston residents can NOT possess any large cap mags or listed guns in the city of Boston, period. They do not recognize "pre-ban" at all.

So, is this for rifles and pistols? Is it only for Boston residents? (It says so, but still need to ask).

What if a non-resident brought a handgun with 15 round magazine into the city? Is that legal or not?

in this case, you can still own them, but you must store them outside of the city.

Or a FS2000 or Sig 556 would be a decent option since they are not listed in the Boston law's verbiage.

and, obviously, I am not a lawyer so any advice read in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt.

I wonder if there are places that will store a rifle for you?

Thank you for the reply.
Its what i wanted to here.
What makes it legal? or should i ask a non assault weapon?

What makes it legal is that there's no law against it. If you want to know why it's not an assault weapon, look up the AWB law which is readily readable on this forum.

Thank you for the reply.
Its what i wanted to here.
What makes it legal? or should i ask a non assault weapon?

The definition of assault weapon includes:

a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon ;
(iii) a bayonet mount;
(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
(v) a grenade launcher;

Of those 5 things, the Barrett only has one (the pistol grip) so it doesn't meet the "at least 2 of" criteria to be an "assault weapon".

Back
Top Bottom