• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Purchasing Ammo (Wal-Mart)

I have recently become involved with firearms while in school away from MA. Needless to say I had a question on ammo purchasing. Does Wal-Mart in MA have any restrictions on ammo sales or are they even allowed to sell it, or do you have to buy it from dealers? When shooting I use WWB 100 round value pack for a 9mm it is cheap to shoot. Is that available in Wal-Mart?

Thank you for the help

IrishIron

Welcome to the board IrishIron. :D

The only thing Wal-Mart requires that I know of is you MA LTC. I buy most of my .40 target loads there and I have never had a problem. Plus $15.00 for 100 of 165gr .40 is a pretty good deal.

The answer to your question will vary from town to town.

Since each Walmart requires a couple of state permits (all discretionary issue from local police chief). Some towns forbid ANY guns/ammo sales, some allow ammo and guns, but no BBs/pellets/paintball guns/supplies, etc.

The Hudson, NH Walmart carries a lot more varieties of ammo and supplies than I've seen in any MA stores.

Under MGLs, MA dealers can NOT legally sell any ammo to Non-Residents, regardless of any NR LTC or other identification.

Don't buy ammo at Wal-Mart.

This. I buy any ammo i need at Target Sports, discounted and shipped to the door for free with prime membership at cheaper than WM prices.

Now I dont buy at WM ever and I dont need to waste my time and gas going to gun shops or NH.

I gave up on local walmarts years ago.
On average it to 45 minutes to buy ammo at the store add road time closer to 1.5hrs

On the past 8 yrs walmart has less and less of anything I need or want.
Right now cheap oil /spray paint and when the propane exchange is less than $18 I will swap a old tank out

On average it to 45 minutes to buy ammo at the store add road time closer to 1.5hrs

Right now cheap oil /spray paint and when the propane exchange is less than $18 I will swap a old tank out

Stay out of Walmart! Oh you said tank...

image.png

On the good side, NES must be close to a Fifteenth Anniversary...

10 minutes of that 45 minutes is weaving through the welfare moms.......just to get to the sporting goods section.

This. I buy any ammo i need at Target Sports, discounted and shipped to the door for free with prime membership at cheaper than WM prices.

Now I dont buy at WM ever and I dont need to waste my time and gas going to gun shops or NH.
You can get free shipping from targetsports without joining.............just search around for bulk ammo. Cases of 1,000 rounds of any ammo ship free always, but I have found some 223 ammo with free shipping for as little as 400 rounds. I got some 40S&W , case of 500 rounds w/free shipping last week. Love Target sportsUSA.

... 10 more to find the mouth breather with the keys to the cabinet
That's a pleasure and delight compared to
what can happen when they finally do arrive.

On 17-Apr'18, the Sporting Goods Lady at Hudson/NH dropped
one of the two boxes of .22LR Golden Bullets I was buying.

The box split open and Pez spilled everywhere.

She taped the box back together with
a few yards of clear shipping tape,
and started picking up all the ammo she could see.

I went to the next aisle, and looked underneath the shelving
for strays using my tacticool flashlight.

In the Sporting Goods section,
crawling around on the floor with a flashlight is apparently the May I Help You Riff.
Because some dude swings in and asks, "May I Help You?".

I merely point at his colleague
playing 525 Pick-Up with Golden Bullets,
and he groans quietly...

27-Aug'21 ETA:
Imagine being at the range,
and the guy in the next aisle asks,
"What're you using for ammo?".

Imagine replying in your best Ron White accent,
"Sweepin's".
ron-white-4ed30505-9dab-491d-9700-48d0f0d2576-resize-750.jpg

Last edited:
Back