• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Purchased my first 22 LR today

Picked up a Ruger 10/22 this afternoon. I used to plink around with my dad's Marlin 22 cal bolt action when I was a kid.
Judging by the reviews and talking with those that have them figured the Ruger would be a good purchase.
I probably would have went with a M&P 10/22 but the price was right on this and it was available.
It has the composite black stock with stainless barrel. I'll probably mount a scope,maybe with look through mounts. Can't wait to shoot it,

Love me some 10/22.

mp 15-22 here. Installed a larue flat 2 stage trigger, shortened stock (pinned), volquertson ejector, new mag grip, upgraded charging handle, and sig romeo 5 red dot.

It is and absolute blast.

Attachments

• C63E5DA5-3D58-4FBF-9C96-1162764F3195.jpeg
    C63E5DA5-3D58-4FBF-9C96-1162764F3195.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 16
You made a good choice. There are lots of .22's out there but the 10/22 is good for new, experienced, and master shooters alike.

Yup first " economical " gun I've bought. I have the shtf stuff that is near and dear to us. But this one is for some good ole cheap fun and practice.

I love my 10/22 but every time I use it I tell myself that I’m gonna change out or modify that friggin bolt release thingy. One of these days
I hear you. Thinking about procrastinating about that very same thing. And the extended mag release as well.

sweet! everyone on the planet has at least one, lol. I got me 2.

I also have two.
A factory camo and stainless takedown model, and a Talo special edition M1 model.

ruger-10-22-m1-carbine-770.jpg

I have zero 10/22s.

They're not bad to shoot, but the mechanics drive me nuts: no hold-open, and releasing the bolt is like working a Rubik's Cube. AK-like mag release, which only makes sense with an extended mag (and even then, the AK design sucks).

I'll get one, eventually, because ubiquity has its own rewards.

Don't do see-through scope mounts. For the children. Scope, yes. See-throughs, no.

Now go shoot some raccoons and squirrels!
Might want to wait till open season on squirrel and raccoon though. 👍

Op is in mass so squirrel opens up 2nd Monday in sep in zones 1-9.....which would be the only zones he can use the 10-22 to hunt grey squirrel legally......and the sat after Columbus day in zones 10-14......which of course are shotgun and archery only for grey squirrel so leave the rifle home and grab the scattergun in 10-14.

Raccoon doesn't open in mass till Nov 1

I have zero 10/22s.

They're not bad to shoot, but the mechanics drive me nuts: no hold-open, and releasing the bolt is like working a Rubik's Cube. AK-like mag release, which only makes sense with an extended mag (and even then, the AK design sucks).

I'll get one, eventually, because ubiquity has its own rewards.
The extended mag release that comes around the trigger guard is great. Then you can work it with your trigger finger

Nice, congrats. My kids love theirs. Depending upon where you plan to shoot, and at what distances, you may want to consider a red dot instead of a scope. We mainly shoot at steel targets inside of 25 yds so we have one with iron sights and one with a red dot. They are lots of fun to shoot.

Picked up a Ruger 10/22 this afternoon. I used to plink around with my dad's Marlin 22 cal bolt action when I was a kid.
Judging by the reviews and talking with those that have them figured the Ruger would be a good purchase.
I probably would have went with a M&P 10/22 but the price was right on this and it was available.
It has the composite black stock with stainless barrel. I'll probably mount a scope,maybe with look through mounts. Can't wait to shoot it,
Great choice. The 10/22 is the best .22lr rifle out there.

If you ever want to compete, you can eplace every part and will have multiple vendor to choose from.

Enjoy the purchase! [cheers]

I've got a Marlin 795. Great little plinker. And it helped get my wife into shooting, so there's that!

Back
Top Bottom