• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pump shotgun capacity

Pardon me if this has already been covered in another thread...

When purchasing a pump shotgun (w/ FID) is the capacity limited to 5 shotshells?

Or would a pump shotgun which held, lets say, 7 or 9 shotshells be acceptable?

Pump action shotguns fall under an exception to the over five shells must have an LTC rule.

There is no pump action shotgun tube magazine capacity limit. You are fine with just your current FID.

Cross-X,

I am REALLY curious where I can find this exception; mind giving the reference?

Pump action shotguns fall under an exception to the over five shells must have an LTC rule.

There is no pump action shotgun tube magazine capacity limit. You are fine with just your current FID.

while we are on this topic. Say i were to modify my current tube and make my own to say. It would be easy to do so. Could i leagally make it almost as long as the 26 inch barrel? I have no restrictions on my LTC

Pumps come in different sizes.

I have had Pump Shotguns that came with 3 round capacity, 5 round, 7 & 9 pound capacity. OEM.

You can buy shorty shells ( I have been making them for many years) that are only 2 inch long and you will have more rounds, yet maybe less total.

Depends what you want to use them for.

Nice thing about a Pump is that it will feed just about anything you put in it. Mud & Dirt and vegitation included

here is a brand new pump from Ithaca that holds 8 shots

riotandLEcatalog800.jpg

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-121.htm

look here:http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-121.htm

The term “large capacity weapon” shall be a secondary designation and shall apply to a weapon in addition to its primary designation as a firearm, rifle or shotgun and shall not include: (i) any weapon that was manufactured in or prior to the year 1899; (ii) any weapon that operates by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (iii) any weapon that is a single-shot weapon;

Back
Top Bottom