Pullman Arms, Worcester

Have been looking for a specific handgun, after several calls all over MA, found what I was looking for at Pullman Arms. They said they would hold it until I could get there later in the day. So, off I went. Nice shop, lots of guns, both new and used, ammo and accessories. Great people in shop, can't say enough! Very good experience. I never even knew they were there, 1 minute off RT. 190. I'll definitely go back.

It's a great shop... A little bit hidden, but worth the effort. Great firearms selection - new & per-owned, excellent service and knowledge! Pullmanarms.com

Who knows/knew, that Pullman Arms is located on/near/at, the former site of the Pullman company's Worcester, MA "railcar manufacturing" facility? You've maybe heard of Pullman sleeping cars on the old railroads; well, Pullman had a location at Worcester MA and it's where "Pullman Arms" is. If any of you remember the MBTA orange line cars that were in use immediately before the present ones, they were made at Pullman/Worcester. They were in use between Oak Grove and Forest Hills 'til about 1980 I think?

+1 on Pullman Arms by the way. The candy dish in the front lobby is a nice touch. I'd love for Pullman to still be manufacturing railcars in Worcester but being replaced by a gun store is A-OK with me. [wink]

Here's a set of the Pullman Orange Line Cars, made in Worcester, in front of the old North Station/Boston Garden. I remember this scene like it was yesterday.

img_18451.jpg

I am a repeat Pullman Arms customer and find it to be a great place to buy guns.
If they have what I want in stock they will hold it for me. If they don't have it they will order it for me.
It's worth the 100 mile round trip for me.

Favorite gun store in the state! The guys at Pullman are tops and the selection is always interesting and good! I called one day to have them put a hard to find gun aside. Offered to give them my credit card over the phone. They said don't worry about it. Couldn't get there for two days and they held it for me. I can't say enough good things about them. Always willing to help. YAY Pullman Arms!

My absolutely first choice for buying a gun (and it's over an hour away from me)!

Good people, done a couple lower transfers and bought a Shield there.

But good luck getting them to respond to a PM or message on FB. I missed out on a deal because of that. In retrospect i should have called, but i was at work

Who knows/knew, that Pullman Arms is located on/near/at, the former site of the Pullman company's Worcester, MA "railcar manufacturing" facility? You've maybe heard of Pullman sleeping cars on the old railroads; well, Pullman had a location at Worcester MA and it's where "Pullman Arms" is. If any of you remember the MBTA orange line cars that were in use immediately before the present ones, they were made at Pullman/Worcester. They were in use between Oak Grove and Forest Hills 'til about 1980 I think?

+1 on Pullman Arms by the way. The candy dish in the front lobby is a nice touch. I'd love for Pullman to still be manufacturing railcars in Worcester but being replaced by a gun store is A-OK with me. [wink]

Love that shop.

The rail cars were manufactured in the big buildings across the street. Those buildings were all abandoned long ago, we used to play in there as teens.

Love that shop.

The rail cars were manufactured in the big buildings across the street. Those buildings were all abandoned long ago, we used to play in there as teens.
I hear those buildings are going to be used as a grow center for one of the medical marijuana dispensaries.

Good people, done a couple lower transfers and bought a Shield there.

But good luck getting them to respond to a PM or message on FB. I missed out on a deal because of that. In retrospect i should have called, but i was at work

Agree email isnt their strong point. But they will take care of your needs with a call or visit. The times ive been in there and have seen them spend enormous amounts of time going over guns with new shooters or first timers. They are also very judgement free and easy going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the most part I think they are great. Customer service is great, prices are reasonable, most of the guys there are reasonable. My only gripe is that I was in there looking at pocket pistols a couple of weeks ago and I said to the guy at the counter that I was looking at something in .380 that I could carry in summer. I explained that I wanted it in case of last resort in case a customer's dog or something got on me while I had equipment running while my back was turned ( Not talking about any dog ). He then said regardless of the situation I should use pepper spray and that if I used my firearm I would go to jail. He then stated that firearms were for hunting and target shooting. I understand that if justified I would be brought to the local PD. I do carry pepper spray and if I had the time to use it I would first. If I am being chewed on by a dog I don't think pepper spray is my best option.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom