Pullman Arms stopping sales

So now they're going to 'focus' on something they've tried to do for me multiple-times, and failed?
They are focusing on "transfers", not "special orders".

Generally the buyer makes all arrangements in a transfer, and the gun is shipped 2 the dealer for paperwork. If the dealer does a "special order" 4U, it's sales tax time as the dealer would be reselling, not offering a transfer service.

It's funny to see how people who've never signed a paycheck think business should work.

One of the things I enjoy most is firing my sh!tty customers

I'm not-knocking Pullman, per-se. My orders required me to front them a cash-deposit, and I still have nothing to show for it. This is my fault, I suppose.

BTW, that scope mount they couldn't get me? I found it NOS, on ebay, for $40 less than I would have gladly paid Pullman after two months of trying....I wanted to give them my money, really I did.

I'm not-knocking Pullman, per-se. My orders required me to front them a cash-deposit, and I still have nothing to show for it. This is my fault, I suppose.

BTW, that scope mount they couldn't get me? I found it NOS, on ebay, for $40 less than I would have gladly paid Pullman after two months of trying....I wanted to give them my money, really I did.

Fair enough. Did you get your cash deposit back?

I'm honestly surprised they went this long on the gun shop end. Central MA is a tough market to run a gun shop in because skinflints (they're even worse in central MA, far worse actually) and if you're not doing volume, it's blood money. Services are far more profitable. (and are also self selecting- eg, less skinflints).
This brought a chuckle to my face. I love it when you get on us "skinflints"! [laugh] But the truth is (or at least was) that prices in the greater Worcester market were never exactly competitive with the Eastern MA market. While I bought a small handful of guns from some now-defunct Worcester area dealers, I was never able to make even one successful buy from either Pullman or Gun Parlor... or even IDC for that matter. [thinking] Contrast that with a relatively large number of buys from Eastern MA and Western MA. [hmmm]

Don't get me wrong. I hate the fact that Pullman is biting the dust. I hate it when any halfway decent MA gun dealer bites the dust. But price competitive with other areas of the state? [thinking] In my experience, not so much. [hmmm]

Fair enough. Did you get your cash deposit back?

Eh, no not yet. I'll see them soon to have some welding work done on a couple of STEN builds I'm working-on - many Gunsmiths I've talked-to claim their weld-work is much-better than any such service they could offer, so they keep referring me to Pullman. They haven't lost me as a customer, not by a longshot.

I'm honestly surprised they went this long on the gun shop end. Central MA is a tough market to run a gun shop in because skinflints (they're even worse in central MA, far worse actually) and if you're not doing volume, it's blood money. Services are far more profitable. (and are also self selecting- eg, less skinflints).

-Mike

Central Ma is tough because why would I buy a gun locally when I can drive an hour and 15 minutes (one way) to Woburn and save $10 on the purchase price.

/sarcasm

This brought a chuckle to my face. I love it when you get on us "skinflints"! [laugh] But the truth is (or at least was) that prices in the greater Worcester market were never exactly competitive with the Eastern MA market. While I bought a small handful of guns from some now-defunct Worcester area dealers, I was never able to make even one successful buy from either Pullman or Gun Parlor... or even IDC for that matter. [thinking] Contrast that with a relatively large number of buys from Eastern MA and Western MA. [hmmm]

Don't get me wrong. I hate the fact that Pullman is biting the dust. I hate it when any halfway decent MA gun dealer bites the dust. But price competitive with other areas of the state? [thinking] In my experience, not so much. [hmmm]

What do you mean eastern MA? Four Seasons? [rofl] Guess what- the field is divided- most shops can't afford to sell stuff for what FS sells it for. And yeah, some of it is pricing, but having lived in central MA for my whole life I also know that it's filled with cheap pricks with regards to guns- and the couple handfuls that aren't, I probably know all of them personally at some level. [laugh] Admittedly some of these shops like that dude in Fitchburg (armor arms?) and the guy in south leominster, couldn't run a business to save their life apparently, that's a big part of it too, but the market in the region just sucks. These people balk about the price and then they bitch about spending the gas to go to four seasons. (or any other shop thats more than 20 minutes away) [rofl]

-Mike

"Skinflint" is a perjorative term for someone who knows what things are worth and how to find the lowest priced supplier.

"Skinflint" is a perjorative term for someone who knows what things are worth and how to find the lowest priced supplier.

No, it's not. It describes foolish cheap pricks, not people really interested in value. There's a difference. Central MA is loaded with foolish cheap pricks. These guys would rather scratch their ass for 3 months hemming and hawing than buy a gun. I know because I've been on both sides of the booth at Marlboro. The people who REALLY know how to find the lowest price supplier don't even set foot into the gun shop to browse- they make a few phone calls and the gun shop gets a call about a transfer, guy comes in, picks up gun, end of story. Those people are not skinflints- they're professional shoppers, there's a big difference. Skinflints are a ****ing cancer, professional shoppers on the other hand are easy for any FFL to deal with because they already know what they're doing. Pro shoppers make for an easy $25-$40 on a transfer with minimal bullshit. A skinflint can waste an hour of your time @ retail and result in nothing.

The skinflints are the tire kicking shitheads who go into a gun shop, waste an hour or more of staff time, whine about the price, then when you drop the price, they still whine about the last 5 dollars, then buy nothing. Central MA is loaded with them.

-Mike

-Mike

Spags ruined us all in central MA......

Mike, Its alicia... can you give me a call..... i would like to know more about this issue! Its the 1st ive heard of it..... 978.906.3563 cell, you can also text me...

- - - Updated - - -

Mike, Its alicia... can you give me a call..... i would like to know more about this issue! Its the 1st ive heard of it..... 978.906.3563 cell, you can also text me...

Back
Top Bottom