Pulled the sd card on one of my cameras this morning.

Buddy of mine in not-so-rural SC had someone drop a GSD "pup" in his cul-de-sac a couple of days ago. Just drove by, let the dog out and left.

WTF,O???? He took it to a no-kill shelter. How hard would that have been for the "owner"?

Buddy of mine in not-so-rural SC had someone drop a GSD "pup" in his cul-de-sac a couple of days ago. Just drove by, let the dog out and left.

WTF,O???? He took it to a no-kill shelter. How hard would that have been for the "owner"?

Never understood how anyone could be so cruel to do that. Leave a defenseless pup, or any domesticated dog like that. POS for sure.

Here's the "problem" with this thread

1. Guy from Kentucky is posting his animal control issues on a new England fore arms board
2. Guys from Kentucky do things a bit different down there
3. Guy gets surprised when folks from new England weigh in with their opinion based on their new England way of doing things

Solution .....Guy from Kentucky should do what guys from Kentucky do best.....Take care of business and not worry about it (I have relatives all over Kentucky and thats just what they do)

I'm six years out of Mass. The laws pertaining to feral dogs, and aggressive dogs are very much the same in most every state. You can shoot a dog in Mass for threatening( I belive the word used in the law is "worrying") livestock. Thats a very low bar to overcome.....and who's to question it at any hour of the day or night?
It was likely written that way to give the broadest margin in favor of the farmer not the stray.
I'll bet there are more shot than you think in MA.

I like dogs too, more than you could know, but when they are packed up and running free on everyone elses properties they become a problem for everyone around. I have no idea of their health and or vaccination record, they wear no collars, they entice other properly situated dogs out of their own territory/ property, chase game, hazard livestock and young kids and create a very negative environment all around. I've been confronted twice by other people's large aggressive dogs on my own property.....no more. I found out where both lived and had a little chat with the owners.....both over a mile away. So far, neither dog has been back but I still see them roaming out on the roads. Obviously the owners don't think much about them or care enough about their neighbors to contain them.....and dogs that roam free like that are generally not people friendly.....they become man shy and predatory as time goes on.

I lived in the mountains out west for a time in my youth. One early evening I was late to join family and friends at a pizza joint and was walking by myself on a road between some homes and state forest. A half dozen large dogs consisting of Huskies, Malamutes, or mixes thereof approached me from the woods at a moderate trotting speed. They looked like domestic pets but once they surrounded me they acted more like wild predators. I had already picked up a Buford Pusser stick as a precaution so the dogs were a little cautious but began to run around me in a circle. A couple darted in and out towards me and finally I heard some nails clicking on the pavement behind me and to the right. I instinctively cut to the left and it just missed my body but did brush against my jacket- it came that close to knocking me down. I yelled at it and unsuccessfully tried to hit it and the next closest dogs with the stick. That was enough to break up the pack but too damn close for comfort. If the one dog had knocked me down or I had tripped on my own, I would have faced the same fate as the deer in Fencer's post.

My current dobe was found wandering around a park... someone had let her and a male loose and abandoned them. Some people are a-holes.

As for the OP, if they're feral dogs, then dispatching them is best for everyone.

If it's just a-hole neighbor not controlling their pet, then hopefully a conversation with them will correct the issue.

Here's the "problem" with this thread

1. Guy from Kentucky is posting his animal control issues on a new England fore arms board
2. Guys from Kentucky do things a bit different down there
3. Guy gets surprised when folks from new England weigh in with their opinion based on their new England way of doing things

4. Guys from Kentucky beef their sisters.

You guys started a KY/NE argument? Here’s some Chinese input: feral dogs are good eating! PM me for recipes! It ain’t matter nuthing if it good dog or bad dog, any cooked dog is a good tasting dog! (drop the mic, walk off the stage)

Man, I think I just tanked any chance I had for SCOTUS nomination with the above comment...

4. Guys from Kentucky beef their sisters.

Well, go look at the national statistics.....New Hampshire is eighth behind Kentucky and there are far fewer counties in Kentucky listed in the data than NH

Get your fvcking facts straight before you go throwing stones moron!!!

Thats the classic provincial mindset of most in the northeast. Most people from the northeast think that people from anywhere south of NJ are redneck hillbillies.
I got news for you fools, people from down south are far more American than you. They have far greater family values, far greater patriotic views of this country and far more balls to call out some pencil necked libtard geek for their communistic rhetoric.
Before you EVER pass judgement on any southerner, you had better check your own backyard for the shitheap that resides there.

Last edited:
Thats the classic provincial mindset of most in the northeast. Most people from the northeast think that people from anywhere south of NJ are redneck hillbillies.
I got news for you fools, people from down south are far more American than you. They have far greater family values, far greater patriotic views of this country and far more balls to call out some pencil necked libtard geek for their communistic rhetoric.
Before you EVER pass judgement on any southerner, you had better check your own backyard for the shitheap that resides there.

This all over.

Well, go look at the national statistics.....New Hampshire is eighth behind Kentucky and there are far fewer counties in Kentucky listed in the data than NH

Because slavery and Deliverance never occurred in the South. Lighten up, Francis.

Attachments

• lighten up.jpg
    lighten up.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 3
Because slavery and Deliverance never occurred in the South. Lighten up, Francis.

Lighten up?

Slavery was in force in all of the country until it was abolished.

Matter of fact, Massachusetts was the FIRST place in the country to have slavery.

Deliverance is a fvcking movie......the product of someone's imagination.

Within the 4 years prior to my move and the 4 years after my move, I heard the 'N' word with greater frequency in Central / Western Mass than I did in Middle Tennessee. Also this area is MUCH more monotone, if you get my drift.

Lighten up?

Slavery was in force in all of the country until it was abolished.

Matter of fact, Massachusetts was the FIRST place in the country to have slavery.

Deliverance is a fvcking movie......the product of someone's imagination.

I am a NH Native, and if you think Deliverance was "just a movie", you might want to do some fact checking about Appalachia. That being said:

lighten up.jpg

Back
Top Bottom