Pulled the sd card on one of my cameras this morning.

Uzi2

NES Member
Started going through the pictures, last to first. Night pictures.

The third picture in there's three pitbull looking dogs hovering around the feeding spot, no collars on any of them. One (the largest one') ribs are showing and looks under fed. The other two were 10 or 12 feet away from him interested in something on the ground(probably deer turds).

I printed out the picture and am going to go around to the neighboring houses and farms to see if I can find where these three trespassers live.

I'm getting pretty damned sick of other peoples dogs invading my space here and people not containing their dogs. My dogs never leave my property EVER unless they are in my vehicle and I'll be damned if I'm going to tolerate a potential dog fight at 0430 in the morning with strange dogs roaming the property and them also running off game.
If I find the owner, they get will one warning to contain their dogs and keep them off my property, Then the dogs will be shot on sight if I see them again.

Its bad enough contending with coyotes now and then but these are domesticated dogs running at will on everyone elses property including my own.

So if these dogs, who may be abandoned or some kids pets, wander onto your property again, you'll kill them.

How about calling one of the rescue agencies out there instead. Heck there are even pit bull specific rescue people out there.

Any chance they’re abandoned/feral?

They could be dogs that someone dumped, people do it all the time around here. This is not suburbia, its rolling farmlands with most of the farms being from 50 to 500 acres plus. Lots of open terrain, patches of woods and farm houses spread out far and wide.

For those poo pooing shooting the dogs, you obviously don't have a clue about the laws or the problems with trespassing dogs in Kentucky, particulalry this area.
I don't even have to warn the owner even if he could be found. The dog is mine if its trespassing on my property and I can dispatch it without any legal ramifications at all. Even animal control who has been here on a few occasions has told me if the dog is on your property you have every legal right to shoot it and the owner cannot press charges.
Packs of dogs run cattle all the time. I just got back from my neighbor's house ten minutes ago showing him the picture I printed out and he said some dogs stampeeded his cows (about 50 head) through three fences a few weeks ago......he was pissed.
I would much rather that people just keep their dogs on THEIR property, but if they fail to do so and they end up on me, thats their last journey away from home. Enough is enough.

So if these dogs, who may be abandoned or some kids pets, wander onto your property again, you'll kill them.

How about calling one of the rescue agencies out there instead. Heck there are even pit bull specific rescue people out there.

Buy me the traps, pay me for my time and pay my vet bills when one or a pack of them injures or kills one of my dogs.

Any a$$hole that lets their dogs run free doesn't deserve to own dogs.....and when they are a threat to mine, you bet your ass I'll kill them.....not even a second thought.

It would be very nice if Uzi2 had access to some resource that would come take the dogs, but out in the country that's probably not option. I'm a huge softy for dogs but three large, hungry, and potentially feral dogs are a huge risk. Consider how you would handle this if you had a toddler running around in the yard or perhaps your own pets to protect. He's going to check with neighbors, and that's more than a lot of people would do in the same situation.

Don't be mad at the OP- be mad at the jack@ss who dumped the dogs. I really hope there's a non-lethal means to handle the situation, but I'm not going to judge if there is not.

Started going through the pictures, last to first. Night pictures.

The third picture in there's three pitbull looking dogs hovering around the feeding spot, no collars on any of them. One (the largest one') ribs are showing and looks under fed. The other two were 10 or 12 feet away from him interested in something on the ground(probably deer turds).

I printed out the picture and am going to go around to the neighboring houses and farms to see if I can find where these three trespassers live.

I'm getting pretty damned sick of other peoples dogs invading my space here and people not containing their dogs. My dogs never leave my property EVER unless they are in my vehicle and I'll be damned if I'm going to tolerate a potential dog fight at 0430 in the morning with strange dogs roaming the property and them also running off game.
If I find the owner, they get will one warning to contain their dogs and keep them off my property, Then the dogs will be shot on sight if I see them again.

Its bad enough contending with coyotes now and then but these are domesticated dogs running at will on everyone elses property including my own.
Chasing off deer? Your property, no tags? Dead dogs walking.

Side note: tourists abandon every year cats and dogs around here, at the lake.You get to see them a few days, and then someone takes care of it, discretely. At least I think that is what's happening.
I blame the tourists, not the folks that clean up.Gotta be done. No other way out in the country.OP has the right idea.

Buy me the traps, pay me for my time and pay my vet bills when one or a pack of them injures or kills one of my dogs.

Any a$$hole that lets their dogs run free doesn't deserve to own dogs.....and when they are a threat to mine, you bet your ass I'll kill them.....not even a second thought.

We're on the same page regarding the safety of your own dogs, they come first, so does livestock, family etc obviously.

When you're posting on a regional forum, you might want to tell people that you're hundreds of miles outside of that region so they can get a clearer perspective about your environment.

It would be very nice if Uzi2 had access to some resource that would come take the dogs, but out in the country that's probably not option. I'm a huge softy for dogs but three large, hungry, and potentially feral dogs are a huge risk. Consider how you would handle this if you had a toddler running around in the yard or perhaps your own pets to protect. He's going to check with neighbors, and that's more than a lot of people would do in the same situation.

Don't be mad at the OP- be mad at the jack@ss who dumped the dogs. I really hope there's a non-lethal means to handle the situation, but I'm not going to judge if there is not.

I like dogs too, more than you could know, but when they are packed up and running free on everyone elses properties they become a problem for everyone around. I have no idea of their health and or vaccination record, they wear no collars, they entice other properly situated dogs out of their own territory/ property, chase game, hazard livestock and young kids and create a very negative environment all around. I've been confronted twice by other people's large aggressive dogs on my own property.....no more. I found out where both lived and had a little chat with the owners.....both over a mile away. So far, neither dog has been back but I still see them roaming out on the roads. Obviously the owners don't think much about them or care enough about their neighbors to contain them.....and dogs that roam free like that are generally not people friendly.....they become man shy and predatory as time goes on.

When I was a kid, hunting in rural north Georgia, I saw first hand what a small pack of wild dogs can do. I was in a tree stand and watched six or seven wild dogs rip a young deer to pieces in seconds. I was about 300 yards away, uphill. But my brother in law was only about 75 yards away.
The pack hardly flinched when he shot the first one. He ended up getting three of them with five or six shots before they ran off. Then climbed down to make sure the deer was not suffering.
A country boy knows, wild dogs have to be shot on sight, especially when running in a pack. Most people try to do it as humanely as possible. After a few days running in the woods with a pack, these are no longer pets. You can't rescue them and put them in a nice home any more than you could a coyote.

I am sure the OP will try to take them out as cleanly as possible.
Wild dogs are much more common in the South. You don't see them as often in the North East.

When I was a kid, hunting in rural north Georgia, I saw first hand what a small pack of wild dogs can do. I was in a tree stand and watched six or seven wild dogs rip a young deer to pieces in seconds. I was about 300 yards away, uphill. But my brother in law was only about 75 yards away.
The pack hardly flinched when he shot the first one. He ended up getting three of them with five or six shots before they ran off. Then climbed down to make sure the deer was not suffering.
A country boy knows, wild dogs have to be shot on sight, especially when running in a pack. Most people try to do it as humanely as possible. After a few days running in the woods with a pack, these are no longer pets. You can't rescue them and put them in a nice home any more than you could a coyote.

I am sure the OP will try to take them out as cleanly as possible.
Wild dogs are much more common in the South. You don't see them as often in the North East.
Here's the "problem" with this thread

1. Guy from Kentucky is posting his animal control issues on a new England fore arms board
2. Guys from Kentucky do things a bit different down there
3. Guy gets surprised when folks from new England weigh in with their opinion based on their new England way of doing things

Solution .....Guy from Kentucky should do what guys from Kentucky do best.....Take care of business and not worry about it (I have relatives all over Kentucky and thats just what they do)

1. Guy from Kentucky is posting his animal control issues on a new England fore arms board
3. Guy gets surprised when folks from new England weigh in with their opinion based on their new England way of doing things

Solution .....Guy from Kentucky should do what guys from Kentucky do best.....Take care of business and not worry about it (I have relatives all over Kentucky and thats just what they do)
My believes are. Do what you have to do and MYOB

As a lifelong MAhole I've already setup a GoFundMe site. Proceeds will be used to buy vests for the dogs, with any leftover funds put toward lobbying the KY state government to create a state agency tasked with: (a) protecting and empowering disadvantaged canines; and (b) developing a public education campaign to spread the word that guns and self-help are bad.

Well i for one enjoy the input from outside the region. Even ky. But where's the pic? This whole thing went sideways cuz there's no pic.

...For those poo pooing shooting the dogs, you obviously don't have a clue about the laws or the problems with trespassing dogs in Kentucky, particulalry this area.
I don't even have to warn the owner even if he could be found. The dog is mine if its trespassing on my property and I can dispatch it without any legal ramifications at all. Even animal control who has been here on a few occasions has told me if the dog is on your property you have every legal right to shoot it and the owner cannot press charges...

Even here in the People's Republic we have similar laws when it comes to stray dogs and farms.

I like good dogs as much as anyone too but the animal rights PETA types in New England infest the left and the right.

Back
Top Bottom