Pulled Over By A Cool NY Statie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In light of all the cop bashing that's going on I thought I'd post this funny situation that happened to me last month.

I went back to Ohio to visit my mom.
On the way out I listened to the GPS and got off on a road I didn't want to be on. Pulled over. Got out the map and got back on track.
I was in with a herd of cars all going 80 when the guy flying past me in the passing lane slammed on his brakes and sure enough there was a state highway patrolman. He pulled out and I knew he was coming for me. Even though I surely wasn't the fastest one in the group.

I pulled over and had my license ready and said Hi when he came up to the car.
He looked at my license and asked about how my last name was pronounced.

Then he asked where I was going. I said "I'm going to Ohio to see my mom." He started to look concerned and I said "Oh she's fine. I just haven't been back since I moved to NH." He said "So you're from OH? Why did you move to NH? I told him "well, I got married and that generally works best if you're in the same state."

He said "Women are empowered now, you don't have to do that."

I told him I lost that round of negotiations so I ended being the one to move.

The he said "Well, Mrs. T what am I going to do with you? You're speeding on my freeway but you're such a nice person that I don't want to give you a speeding ticket because that's going to hurt. Maybe I can find an equipment violation on your vehicle."

He walked around the SUV but all was well. So he said. " I'll think of something" and went back to his cruiser.

He came back with a piece of paper and said. "OK, within a couple of weeks the state of New York will be sending you a parking ticket for about $10 because technically, you are parked on my freeway right now."

I started laughing and thanked him. I reached out and shook his hand and said "It's been very pleasant to be pulled over by you today!"

We talked a few more minutes and I was on my way with a promise to make better use of my cruise control.

I didn't get shot even though I was going 80 in a 65.

If I had a dog with me I'm sure it would still be alive.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm seeing a revenue collector.
The MSP does not have "quotas", but tickets can be used to justify a troopers time. They are allowed to claim something like 30 minutes of activity for a stop, 45 for a written warning and 60 fir a citation (not sure about the specific numbers, but the concept is correct). In any case, it creates an incentive to create paper.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I had a similar experience driving to AZ a few years ago. I was following a guy in the left lane, probably 80 in a 65 when he suddenly jerked into the middle lane giving me a great view of the statie sitting in the median. Guy was very polite and professional and did kind of a double take when I said I was driving to Phoenix. Gave me a warning.

Are they still wearing purple knitted ties? [laugh] All I was thinking was "Damn, I havent seen one of those since high school!" Doesnt exactly exude "authority", but better than the skinny leather ones with the piano keys I guess.

Stevireno

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
This is a sad thread.
No it's not, she felt she was treated well, her faith in law enforcement is partially restored... No one but the leo knows why she was actually pulled over, lighten up and let her share her story without putting her down.

Greg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
In light of all the cop bashing that's going on I thought I'd post this funny situation that happened to me last month.

I went back to Ohio to visit my mom.
On the way out I listened to the GPS and got off on a road I didn't want to be on. Pulled over. Got out the map and got back on track.
I was in with a herd of cars all going 80 when the guy flying past me in the passing lane slammed on his brakes and sure enough there was a state highway patrolman. He pulled out and I knew he was coming for me. Even though I surely wasn't the fastest one in the group.

I pulled over and had my license ready and said Hi when he came up to the car.
He looked at my license and asked about how my last name was pronounced.

Then he asked where I was going. I said "I'm going to Ohio to see my mom." He started to look concerned and I said "Oh she's fine. I just haven't been back since I moved to NH." He said "So you're from OH? Why did you move to NH? I told him "well, I got married and that generally works best if you're in the same state."

He said "Women are empowered now, you don't have to do that."

I told him I lost that round of negotiations so I ended being the one to move.

The he said "Well, Mrs. T what am I going to do with you? You're speeding on my freeway but you're such a nice person that I don't want to give you a speeding ticket because that's going to hurt. Maybe I can find an equipment violation on your vehicle."

He walked around the SUV but all was well. So he said. " I'll think of something" and went back to his cruiser.

He came back with a piece of paper and said. "OK, within a couple of weeks the state of New York will be sending you a parking ticket for about $10 because technically, you are parked on my freeway right now."

I started laughing and thanked him. I reached out and shook his hand and said "It's been very pleasant to be pulled over by you today!"

We talked a few more minutes and I was on my way with a promise to make better use of my cruise control.

I didn't get shot even though I was going 80 in a 65.

If I had a dog with me I'm sure it would still be alive.
I have a feeling that if you got shot by that cop in the leg,you would praise the cop for not shooting you in the head and killing you.

Last edited:

92G

NES Member
Rating - 99.1%
105   1   0
I love these types of stories from women.
is it just random chance that my mother and sister have never gotten tickets despite being pulled over a bunch of times. Please.
Take away the boobs and silly girly voice and then youve got a man.....and then youve got a ticket and/or interrogation.

jron

NES Member
Rating - 100%
164   0   0
I DESPISE when cops call it "MY Road" No **** face its the publics road we all pay taxes and have free reign to use them when we please. We are a free country.... well sort of.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
No it's not, she felt she was treated well, her faith in law enforcement is partially restored... No one but the leo knows why she was actually pulled over, lighten up and let her share her story without putting her down.
It is sad, for several reasons. Take a minute to consider what those may be and stop worrying about the OP's feelings.

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feeling that if you got shot by that cop in the leg,you would praise the cop for not shooting you in the head and killing you.

That is the most retarded response in this thread so far.

I love these types of stories from women.
is it just random chance that my mother and sister have never gotten tickets despite being pulled over a bunch of times. Please.
Take away the boobs and silly girly voice and then youve got a man.....and then youve got a ticket and/or interrogation.

I'm over 50 and my B's are not impressive. So in case anyone was going to ask if I was "Hot" it's a negative.

It is sad, for several reasons. Take a minute to consider what those may be and stop worrying about the OP's feelings.
And just why is it sad?
I was clearly in the wrong. And I own that. He could have hit me with a really expensive ticket and been completely justified. Now I have a funny story to tell that most people share a laugh about. But not the folks at NES who are wound tight and ready for Go Time.

Good Lord, go to the range and relieve some stress or something.

Not sure why they couldn't just do a warning but DH had a similar thing here locally. Cop said he had to give him a ticket but told him to go to court and he'd have it dropped.

Realtor MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
He had to write you a ticket? Because he pulled you over? Did you beg him to pull you over or did I miss that?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had a strange encounter with a MA statie a couple months ago. I got pulled over for speeding with my family in the car. He was a major prick with a condescending tone and big ego. Me and my wife had no seat belts on. My inspection sticker was expired. I was screwed. Then he takes my license and reg and comes back 5 minutes later hands me my stuff back and says "Slow down, put on your seat belt and get you Inspection done tomorrow....have a good day" and walks away. I was speechless.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
And just why is it sad?
I was clearly in the wrong. And I own that. He could have hit me with a really expensive ticket and been completely justified. Now I have a funny story to tell that most people share a laugh about. But not the folks at NES who are wound tight and ready for Go Time.

Good Lord, go to the range and relieve some stress or something.

Not sure why they couldn't just do a warning but DH had a similar thing here locally. Cop said he had to give him a ticket but told him to go to court and he'd have it dropped.
By your own account you were rolling along with a "herd" of other cars at normal highway speeds - obviously not endangering anyone - and the cop singled you out and pulled you over. While detained he asks you a bunch of questions about who you are, where you're going, etc. A little playful banter ensues, during which he decides that he's going to go easy on you. He also decides at this point that he's not going to let you go without some sort of penalty. The fact that he didn't - or couldn't - is interesting. Anyway, he then decides to stroll around your car looking for an equipment violation. This isn't what he pulled you over for, but he's going to try to find something anyway. Finding nothing, he decides to go back to the cruiser to think something up. He decides to give you a goddamn ticket for following his orders and pulling over to the side of the highway. That's right, you're getting ticketed for "parking" on the side of "his" highway. You shook his hand and gushed pleasure/gratitude in return (I think I honestly puked in my mouth a little reading this part). What exactly were your alternatives, and are you planning on paying the parking ticket?

Maybe the saddest part of the thread is that you put it up here under the title "Pulled Over by a Cool NY Statie," presenting it as a happy story "In light of all the cop bashing that's going on," as if this charming highway patrolman is some sort of true hero in blue fighting to make a difference. Just frigging wow. Talk about conditioning.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a strange encounter with a MA statie a couple months ago. I got pulled over for speeding with my family in the car. He was a major prick with a condescending tone and big ego. Me and my wife had no seat belts on. My inspection sticker was expired. I was screwed. Then he takes my license and reg and comes back 5 minutes later hands me my stuff back and says "Slow down, put on your seat belt and get you Inspection done tomorrow....have a good day" and walks away. I was speechless.
Maybe the family in the car helped. Maybe MA doesn't have any requirements for the cops to bill you for SOMETHING once they put the blues on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom