Public Trap/skeet north of boston

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help. I am currently in the process of joining Hamilton/Wenham rod and gun club, however you can only join during the monthly meeting and I have missed the last one (just got my ALP on thursday). In the mean time I am looking for a range on the north shore and/or north of Boston that will allow me to shoot clay sports. I know there are some clubs that have public shoot on the weekends or certain days during the week. I have looked through the Clubs thread on this forum and did not see any recent information on the subject. So if anyone knows a place that I can pop a few clays while I wait for access to my future clubs range, it will be most apreciated.

Thanks,
Diegeist

There is a spot in the Martin Burns Wildlife Management area in Newbury MA where they allow people to shoot skeet. Not sure if a permit is needed as I know one is needed to use the firearms range.

Thanks for all the great replys! I will try and get to one of these today to try out my new O/U. Do you guys know what time they are open till?

Thanks,
Diegeist

If you're a GOAL member, check the back of the Outdoor Message - there's a listing of who does what, where, and when. (If you're not a GOAL Member, you should join)

Also look in the Shotgun Competition sub-forum here - there's a sticky with "Moving Target Listings"

Thanks again for all of your help guys. Yes I am a GOAL number and would not own a gun I'm MA with out it. I will check them for the range times.

Diegeist

There is a spot in the Martin Burns Wildlife Management area in Newbury MA where they allow people to shoot skeet. Not sure if a permit is needed as I know one is needed to use the firearms range.

I went to the Martin Burns WMA yesterday. Found the target range but didn't/couldn't find the skeet/shotgun range. Is it still there?

I went to the Martin Burns WMA yesterday. Found the target range but didn't/couldn't find the skeet/shotgun range. Is it still there?

Same ting happened to me. I found the target range but had no idea where the skeet range was. I looked pretty thoroughly too. Nice range.

There's no skeet range. If you go about 300 yards past the range, there's a path on the left hand side that leads up to a ridge. You can throw clays from there off the ridge. Bring bug spray. There was a picnic table up there but I don;t if there still is.

MRA has trap on wed aft 5 and 5 stand on sun am starting at 10am sharp. 10$ per round (25 shots) including shells.

Back
Top Bottom