• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Public Shooting Pits near Lake Winnipesaukee?

boy I sure wish there were some. I vacation with my family up there every year. That would be cool.

I could go on vacation and bring my guns.... Wow!!! what a vacation that would be.

hun, I am going shooting for a few hours. No I cant go shoping with you because when I get back from shooting I am taking the boat out and then sitting on the beach and drinking beer and then I am going shooting again..... [rofl][rofl][rofl]

You can always join the Winnipesaukee sportsman club $50. dues and a nice place to shoot.

I had a great place in Alton when I was growing up. But it isn't my family's land anymore.
I lived in Alton for 10 years and used to shoot at the pit between Alton Circle and Dot's Lunch on Rte. 11. The land is taxed "In Current Use" so its suppose to be open to the public. Last few times I shot there the Alton P.D. was there rather quickly to show us the door even though its not posted.

We were over in West Alton near the West Alton Marina and Firehouse (the old Clough Homestead at the corner of 11 and 11A to Gunstock was also family) Basically if you head back into the woods to the SE of that intersection you'll come to an old quarry of sorts (no idea what it was actually used for) and that is where I spent many an afternoon.

Old Harold was the fire chief (and ran the Marina) and I'll bet if he didn't have any issues with the shooting, the police never knew we were in there.

Back
Top Bottom