• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Public Shooting. Cape Ann Sportsmans Club. Gloucester.

Cape Ann Sportsman's Club in Gloucester has voted to keep public shooting year round.

Enjoy Sunday morning breakfast for $4.00 donation and shoot at our 100 yard range and pistol range.

Target frames are provided. If you plan on shooting bird shot, please bring own frames. Targets are provided at a minimal cost of $1.00.

Range opens around 9-9:15 am and a range officer will be present to check license, brief safety rules and sign liability waiver.

$20.00 per shooter. You're welcome to shoot until 12:30.

If any questions, feel free to pm me, or call the club directly at 978-283-0304.

Thanks,

Matt

Cape Ann Sportsman's Club in Gloucester has voted to keep public shooting year round.

Enjoy Sunday morning breakfast for $4.00 donation and shoot at our 100 yard range and pistol range.

Target frames are provided. If you plan on shooting bird shot, please bring own frames. Targets are provided at a minimal cost of $1.00.

Range opens around 9-9:15 am and a range officer will be present to check license, brief safety rules and sign liability waiver.

$20.00 per shooter. You're welcome to shoot until 12:30.

If any questions, feel free to pm me, or call the club directly at 978-283-0304.

Thanks,

Matt

Do I need a frame at all if I just want to fire my Shotgun to gain familiarity ?

If you're firing slugs, no. If only birdshot, we prefer that you do. If you not have one, oh well, we can get yo an older chewed up frame

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Do most Gun Shops sell Frames ?

How much should I except to pay ?

And I should bring my own Targets, Eye Protection, Hearing Protection ?

Sorry for the stupid questions.

I welcome the questions. We make the frames using strapping. Trying to pattern a shotgun will eventually chew them up. Thats why we recommend you bring your own unless you plan on shooting slugs. It's really no big deal. There are plenty already chewed up, but can still be used. We have targets available for sale or bring you own.

Bring your own eye and ear protection

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Matt, your PMs are full. Do I need to call/reserve a spot to shoot at the range this Sunday? I just bought a SIG 556 and am not a member at a club that has a rifle range. I'm looking to try it out and check out some range options also.

Thanks,
-Scott

It's a nice range and good people. Have taken my son several times. Glad to hear they will stay open.

Is the sunday shooting open to the public every sunday? is it first come, or can we reserve a time? Very interested in sighting in a new rifle at 100 yds.

It's open, we used to have to call a week ahead, but it sounds like they don't need that. The last few times I was there there was plenty of room. Call the number above though.

So glad they did that. I've been there a few times and had the tour with Norm, what a great guy, but unfortunately I can't afford to have the membership there and stockpile stuff at the same time. Will be heading out that way again soon to sight in my Savage 30-06 I got and to clear my Nagants throat a bit.

Charles.

This is good news since my girlfriend is willing to become more familiar/comfortable with firearms yet she isn't going to get a license any time soon (many reasons for that.)

how many people were at the range this past weekend? Im planning on heading out there soon (damn ammo scarcity), and curious about how busy it is.

also, from the previous posts, we can buy targets at the range, or have to bring our own?

It wasn't too busy since re weather was a bit cold. It's never too crowded so don't worry. We have targets for sale or you're welcome to bring your own

Back
Top Bottom