Public Service Announcement - Keep Your Cars Locked!

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
About 50 minutes ago something woke me up. Very slight noises outside my bedroom window. This window faces my driveway.

I wasn't alarmed at first. My son works night shift across the river in Holyoke and sometimes gets out early. I looked out the window and saw a shadowy figure moving around my truck and then my car. What the f-bomb is he doing? Then I realize that there is no car in the driveway where he parks but there is a car parked on the street right next to my driveway, a place where no one else parks unless they are visiting.

"HEY! GET AWAY FROM THERE"

The person immediately beats feet for the parked car, gets in (no dome light goes on) and drives off with no headlights.

By this time I am awake enough to grab my glasses and the phone to call the police non-emergency line to let them know that I chased off someone who seemed to be up to no-good.

About 10 minutes later a cruiser pulls up in my street and an officer gets out. I tufn on the outside and inside lights and go out to talk with him. Report what little I can and he says that when they get off another call another cruiser or two will check out the area. But we both know that whoever it was is probably long gone.

Now I am really pissed at whoever did it because they woke me up from a good sleep and robbed me of 60-90 minutes of solid rack time. I usually wake up between 4:30-5:00am.

HOT WASH: Should I have done what I did or should I have gathered my wits and quietly moved into the kitchen to turn the outside lights on?

4:00am is considered in tactical circles as being the time of least awareness in a human being. Something woke me up and I was able to react. I guess that in this case, almost any reaction was good. I just hope that I scared him enough that he wet his pants.

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Situations like this is where a BIG dog comes in handy. Glad it worked out and if it was anyone with any sense at all, they probably won't be back anytime soon.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you did it all wrong man...

step 1 - get into your plate carrier and kit.
step 2 - strapping on the AR and the fortay...
Step 3 - running to the front door.
step 4 - flinging it open and jumping outside.
step 5 - this is crucial, after jumping outside you do a tactical roll
step 6 - tell the potential thief that he's in for it now. you're going to bang his woman and throw his keys on the roof.
step 7 - demand to see pic of his woman
step 8 - if woman is hot proceed with the threat made in step 6
step 9 - if woman is not hot, shoot him out of stupidity. make sure to still throw keys on roof.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
all great deterrent ideas, but personally...this is the best way to discourage scofflaws from touching your car

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
STFU, keep light of and call 911 for an outside chance of the miscreant being caught so he can get a very severe suspended sentence.
If I had been a little more awake I think I would have tried it. I'll tuck that away as another tool in my toolbox.

cockpitbob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

step 6 - tell the potential thief that he's in for it now. you're going to bang his woman and throw his keys on the roof.
step 9 - if woman is not hot, shoot him out of stupidity. make sure to still throw keys on roof.
I hate to be one of those nitpickers, but you forget a couple key checklist items.

between 5 & 6 - light up a Newport.

step 6 - you forgot about leaving an upper decker.

step 10 - If step 9 goes to shooting, then shovel and shutup.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time go rob his car while he’s trying to break into yours. With him being smart enough to stay dark, I’ll bet his was unlocked not just so he can get back in quickly but because locking and unlocking it flashes the lights.
If you want to have some fun...

Sneak over to his car. Carefully open the door and lock it. Slam the door.
Watch as he tries to run, can't open his car, runs off.
Call cops to claim still running car with keys locked inside.

Bonus points if this is somehow caught on video.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weren't you supposed to come out firing a shotgun into the air? I thought I heard Joe Biden give that advice. You had the opportunity to be a hero.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Dont forget the MAGA hat

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
By this time I am awake enough to grab my glasses and the phone to call the police non-emergency line to let them know that I chased off someone who seemed to be up to no-good.
What is a non-emergency number?

Didnt the police say you should always call 911, even for a parking violation?

I remember reading that somewhere.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

5 is critical. 6 and 7 are reversed. I would never even offer is she's not hot...

JJ4

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What is a non-emergency number?

Didnt the police say you should always call 911, even for a parking violation?

I remember reading that somewhere.
The new logic is that everyone has cell phones where 911 seems to first go to the state police dispatch, and you then have to be transferred to the town. Keep your local PD dispatch number in your cell phone for faster connections.

But yes when I lived in Boston and a car was blocking my driveway, they told me to call 911. Seemed odd.

tuna

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

You’re missing the upper decker.

As an aside, whenever I’m at the ups store, I get a bunch of their boxes, they’re free, and drop my loads in them. Then I leave them on the hood of my car like I forgot to bring in my packages.
Once my diarrhea clears up it may work better. So far I just have a bunch of soggy poo boxes that I toss in my neighbors boat.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time go rob his car while he’s trying to break into yours. With him being smart enough to stay dark, I’ll bet his was unlocked not just so he can get back in quickly but because locking and unlocking it flashes the lights.
One better. Get in and drive it to the local PD.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
One better. Get in and drive it to the local PD.
What? And get caught in a car owned (or stolen) by a "yout" who was just trying to turn his life around by offering to clean my vehicles of all unwanted things at 4 in the morning?

Shirley, you jest.

Top Bottom