Public Ranges

Steve O, if you're talking about Bob's, all you would of had to do is tell whoever was on the counter that they guys inside were horsing around and not being safe. I know they would have gone out and said something to them, or, pulled them from the range. There are, on rare occaisions, idiots who come in, but we do our best to watch for them and do our best to make sure they don't do anything stupid.

Depending on what lane they were on, you can't always see everyone all the time from the counter, and sometimes you're busy with another customer so you can't always be watching, but we do try.

As far as the rentals go - that has, and is, changing. Starting on 9/1, there's new owners of the business, and slowly, over the period of the next two to three months, we're hoping for major renovations and improvements. As well as more rentals and more inventory being brought in.

Yes, it got a bit run down, but, well, there's numerous reasons for that and none that really matter at the moment, but the new folks will be trying to rectify that.

When things change and improvements are made, I'll announce it for those in the area to come by and see what we're doing there. I hope you'll come back and check it out when some of these things take place.

Lynn, isn't the place you are at called Bob's Tactical?

He was referring to Boston Gun Range. Isn't that the place in Worcester?

Or am I just totally confused? :?

LenS said:
Lynn, isn't the place you are at called Bob's Tactical?

He was referring to Boston Gun Range. Isn't that the place in Worcester?

Or am I just totally confused? :?

You're right Len - I just saw the subject line in his post. I got confused because we had been talking about Bob's. Sorry Oz! :D

Yeah, I was referring to the Boston Gun Range in Worcester. I should have put it in the post as well as the subject line, which tends to get overlooked sometimes.

And no sweat Lynne! Never been to Bob's. I hope it does well with the new owners.

And for what its worth, I recognize my opinions of the Boston Gun Range are based on one visit on one particular night. Who knows? While doubtful, maybe on any other given day the place is run like the range at Quantico. But since the stakes are a bit higher when patronizing a gun range as opposed to, say, a shoe store, I won't be risking my money, my sanity, or my health by going back.

Steve

Ozman said:
And for what its worth, I recognize my opinions of the Boston Gun Range are based on one visit on one particular night. Who knows? While doubtful, maybe on any other given day the place is run like the range at Quantico. But since the stakes are a bit higher when patronizing a gun range as opposed to, say, a shoe store, I won't be risking my money, my sanity, or my health by going back.

Can't say I blame you. It's not like a restaurant that you could give a 2nd chance to comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom