• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

public ranges in north east MA

schnips

NES Member
Hi, I'm new to this forum and pretty new to the gun scene, I'm looking for a range where I can shoot without having to pay for membership, just an admission fee, at least until my friend hooks me up with membership at a good range. I live in Billerica and am willing to travel about half an hour or even a bit further if I have to.

Manchester looks like a nice place, and I could rent some guns if I wanted too.

Original Bob's looks ok but I can't find admission prices on their website.

Manchester looks like a nice place, and I could rent some guns if I wanted too.

Original Bob's looks ok but I can't find admission prices on their website.

Bob's was $20/hr. but they don't watch the clock, at least if they're not backed up. Nice guys but the place is dumpy. I saw too many unsafe shooters there and never went back because of that.

Consider that most annual club memberships are worth about the same as a few hours of range time at a public range. It may be well worth joining a club.

if your in billrica wouburn sportsmans is a nice club my mother used to belong to it but left after they implimented the range officers on the high power because we were never able to go but at odd times when they didint have volinteer ro's around.

Consider that most annual club memberships are worth about the same as a few hours of range time at a public range. It may be well worth joining a club.

Absolutely correct. And, it's nice getting outside in the air instead of that cramped feeling you get indoors. Then of course you usually have the luxury or shooting longer distances. I routinely shoot my S&W617 at 50 and 100 yards just for fun.

The OP did mention that he's joining a club shortly, BTW.

isn't Shirley Rod and Gun club like $100 / year?

how about N. Leominster? about the same?

anywho, as others have pointed out... public ranges suck. i've shot at bobs (the old one) and every homeboy from Lawrence, Methuen ect. went to to shoot burners... made for interesting times watching them load mags and pick up a sight picture...

i shoot at HSC, it's about $330 for the first year, after that, it will run about $170 / year. divide by 12, get your sum.

Cape Ann Sportsmans Club in Gloucester.

Sundays 9-12(sometimes later) outdoor pistol and rifle $15 shoot all you want. No membership required.
Or come up to the shotgun field and shoot trap and sporting clays field for $6 per round.

Thanks for all the info guys, and yes I will be joining a club, a friend of mine is a member at the Harvard Sportsman's Club, which offers a student membership discount, so I'm going to be joining that one.

Thanks for all the info guys, and yes I will be joining a club, a friend of mine is a member at the Harvard Sportsman's Club, which offers a student membership discount, so I'm going to be joining that one.

I did an Appleseed shoot there in April, seemed like a great club. Good Luck

I live next door to you and I was going to 2nd Harvard. I belonged there 10 years ago but I was living in Lynn at the time so driving the hour was a PITA to get there so I dropped it/sold my guns. Now my shooting buddy and I live 1 mile from each other, he is still a member there so I have been twice this year. The club, for the money, is an awesome deal.

Back
Top Bottom