• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Public Range Time

That was my problem...I had to try every gun they had.....it's ok in that sense but cost gets up there when you fire everything

That and the ammo is expensive. When I bought the guy was appreciative and "gave me a break on ammo" by only charging me the store price rather than range. Probably $6 difference on 50 rounds [rofl]

Do any of the Massachusetts gun clubs offer public range time without having to be a member? I have a very limited time to actually go to a range and shoot and the high cost of a club membership makes no sense for me. Are there any ranges that will allow a licensed gunowner to shoot at their range without a membership?

My club is $75 A YEAR. Must clubs are between $75 and $200 a year. Most public ranges get $25 and hour and you are limited to one lane at mybe 75 feet max.......At a real club you will usually get a longer rifle range, plus clay shooting sports as well.....do the math. If you think $100 is expensive for a yearlong membership to a club then you need to get out of the shooting sports life anyway.....how the hell will you afford ammo if you can't spring a hundee for a membership?

The public ranges that rent guns are not my thing.......too many 20 somethings in there with their rented "nines and fotays" showing off to thier little hooker dates for my liking.

Last edited:
The public ranges that rent guns are not my thing.......too many 20 somethings in there with their rented "nines and fotays" showing off to thier little hooker dates for my liking.

Rented Lane + Rented Gun + Rented Date = SUPER expensive

And with what they charge for ammo at the ranges you really have to be sure it will go over well or you should just take her out to an expensive dinner.

I take my GF to my club and cook dinner at home, way more affordable.

Rented Lane + Rented Gun + Rented Date = SUPER expensive

And with what they charge for ammo at the ranges you really have to be sure it will go over well or you should just take her out to an expensive dinner.

I take my GF to my club and cook dinner at home, way more affordable.
[smile]
It seemed every time I went to a public range they were there.......that's why I stopped going to rental ranges.

I'm still new so I think I'd be best for me to try everything I can't do that with my own range membership

I bought a gun at Bob's in Sept and got free time on range as part of it. There was just some French girls on the range, and they kept looking over at me and flinching when I fired. Did the reasonable thing and offered to let then shoot my gun under my supervision, they were very appreciative. Then again I have only gone in the middle of a work day, so the show off crowd isn't around. However , I joined a club because hourly gets pricey quick. Plus I you go to a pay range then you want to rent new toys ...

Were the French girls hot?!!

If you are looking for public skeet, I believe Angle Tree Stone in North Attleboro is open to the public from 1-4 on Saturday and Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom