Public Range Near Worcester, MA

I'm going to be joining Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club in January, but in the mean time I'd like to shoot. I was wondering if anyone knows of a local place that is "open" to the public. I do know of Boston Gun Range which I am going to check out this weekend. Know of any others?

be weary of WPRC... Politics run rampant there... If they dont like you they simply wont send you a renewal application. You will show up one day and your key wont work in the clubhouse.

Ask me how I know [thinking]

be weary of WPRC... Politics run rampant there... If they dont like you they simply wont send you a renewal application. You will show up one day and your key wont work in the clubhouse.

Have you taken your issue up with Al Bonfiglio, the club's President? If you were wronged, Al will make it right.

Darius Arbabi

I've been a member at WPRC since May, shoot there at least twice a week, IDPA, Ballon Shoots, Pin Shoots, and everyone I meet there has been a pleasure to talk and shoot with. I attend the monthly meetings and have yet to see the "politics".

Last edited:
I was a member of BGR, can only use FMJ and nothing over a 1000 ft. p/sec. So leave your AR at home unless you want to buy there way over priced frangible ammo. Also, $200 annual fee + $20 an hour to shoot + targets even if your a member. Also, anyone over the age of 18 can walk in off the street and shoot, a girl earlier this year walked in and rented a .38 and blew her head off, they closed for a little bit and then re-opened. Also, no drawing from the holster. Also, as soon as your done shooting, no matter how often you go, you better leave right away because the owner doesn't like people hanging out, thats probably why you only see a few cars there because they are pretty busy even with these hangups they have.

Back
Top Bottom