Public range around North Conway.

Seems like nothing within an hour or so. Unless I am missing something?

I go to this one in Fryeburg all the time I am up that way. Right off Route 113 not far from the Eastern Slopes Airport.

I go to this one in Fryeburg all the time I am up that way. Right off Route 113 not far from the Eastern Slopes Airport.

That range has been there at least 40 years now. I remember Dad taking us for range days while we were camping in that area. Great memories.

He liked to get us up early to go watch the crop dusters too. So cool!

Boomer wearing a NRA Range Safety Officer hat.

Retired, bored and wants his authority respected.

If you sit down to shoot, count on him coming over and telling you about his days as a LEO for about an hour, along with tips on how to shoot better.

Sounds like a fun place lol

I think Pemigussett(or however you spell it) is public, or at least used to be. That was a cool range open to the public.

If you sit down to shoot, count on him coming over and telling you about his days as a LEO for about an hour, along with tips on how to shoot better.

I think Pemigussett(or however you spell it) is public, or at least used to be. That was a cool range open to the public.
The Pemi used to be open, in that you could show up, fill out the membership card on the spot, drop it into the honor box and shoot. Membership was cheap, you paid daily range fees.

Complaints from their ultra lib neighbor next door who owns the Common Man chain put an end to that. Still easy and cheap to join, just have to plan ahead.

I mean, it could be worse. Like Leominster. [rofl]

Seems like nothing within an hour or so. Unless I am missing something?

Are you looking for:

(A) an indoor range;
(B) an outdoor, open-to-the-public range; or
(C) a gun club that's open to the public?

Closest indoor range is in Belmont. The closest public outdoor range would be something like Owl Brook Hunter Safety Education Center. I believe Androscoggin Valley Fish and Game is a private club that's open to the public, but many clubs have strict COVID precautions, such as closing the club to guests and the public, so no guarantees.

The Pemi used to be open, in that you could show up, fill out the membership card on the spot, drop it into the honor box and shoot. Membership was cheap, you paid daily range fees.

Complaints from their ultra lib neighbor next door who owns the Common Man chain put an end to that. Still easy and cheap to join, just have to plan ahead.
I was going to recommend the Pemi as well. They switched from being super-inexpensive (what was it, $20 or $30?) with $5 daily range fees to $100 with no range fees. I dropped my membership then but that's only because I'm over 1.5 hours away and was really only still a member to support the club a bit. Good bunch of people though and if you're local I'd recommend it. See pemi.org for more.

My nephew shot there this past fall and he said it was pay and shoot. Have they changed it since september?

sorry should have had more info. Looking for a indoor range that I can just go to for one day no membership. I will check some of those listed. Thanks

sorry should have had more info. Looking for a indoor range that I can just go to for one day no membership. I will check some of those listed. Thanks

Belmont is your best option. It's somewhat on the way to or from Conway.

Back
Top Bottom