Public Lands to shoot on

In far away lands I hear of men going innawoods with nothing but a steel target, the best rifle ever conceived, and plinking to their heart's content on lands bought and maintained by their and their fellow countryman's (or statesman's) tax dollars.

Does such a place exist in massachusetts or did the dinks and fudds get every state or trustee owned land closed to everything but hunting?
Even f*cking New York lets you recreationally shoot on state lands.

Agree with above about a club. In Mass you run the risk of someone calling the cops if you're on your own property (assuming it's big enough), let along 'John and Mary Hiker' reporting someone in public area firing a gun.
Agreed, but here to post that's some straight up "only in MA" BS right there. Screwed both ways. Getting cops called on the noise, yet can't buy suppressors.

Call Masswildlifes HQ in Westboro (5083896300). They are supposed to be working on this very thing. They do need some prodding though.

They used to have public shooting ranges, there was one in Birch Hill Wildlife Management Area that I spent many days at when I was in my teens/early twenties, but then it got shut down, cleaned up, and was no more. I think it was at least 200 yards, maybe longer.

We need an NES larpers club. Some acreage with junkyard cars and high berms, straight plywood and vtac walls
Working on it.

Need to clear some stuff and probably reshape a hill for a berm, but I think it could be good

Last edited:
They used to have public shooting ranges, there was one in Birch Hill Wildlife Management Area that I spent many days at when I was in my teens/early twenties, but then it got shut down, cleaned up, and was no more. I think it was at least 200 yards, maybe longer.
Barnstable used to have a cheap shooting range a short trip from my house in conservation land. They "realized they weren't insured for it" and closed it 9 years ago, and never reopened. Funny how that works
Last I heard it was going to be open for police only, then eventually citizens, but that was almost 2 years ago and I've heard nothing since.

The Birch Hill Range closed because the Ma Fakers and Wankers District Manager was too lazy and didn't want the responsibility to send some one there to maintain it. Oh, that was Gordon "Chris" Thurlow. Yeah, was a piece of SHIT!!!

Back
Top Bottom