• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Public hearing tomorrow on "bump stock" ban

67ray

NES Member
Worthy of its own thread - Come by the State House tomorrow and let your voice be heard.

From Cindy Friedman State Senator, 4th Middlesex District:
I am writing to you today because we have previously exchanged correspondence about legislation to ban “bump stocks” and similar devices that increase a firearm’s rate of discharge to imitate an automatic weapon.

I want to alert you to an opportunity for public input on the differing House and Senate versions passed last week. (The text of each version is provided at the end of this email.) Senator Michael O. Moore will lead an informational hearing so members of the public and stakeholders may weigh in. Information gained during the hearing will be shared with legislators serving on the supplemental budget conference committee who are charged with addressing the different language adopted by the House and Senate. The hearing is scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday, October 18) at 10:30am in Hearing Room 222 at the Massachusetts State House, 24 Beacon Street, Boston. This hearing is open to the public.

In addition, written comments may be submitted via e-mail to [email protected]. Hard copies may be faxed to (617) 722-1066 or mailed to the address below:

The Honorable Michael O. Moore, Senate Chair
Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security
State House, Room 109B
Boston, MA 02133

I will continue to advocate for the more narrowly focused language in the Senate bill, rather than the broader ban proposed by the House. (See language of both versions at the end of this email.)

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on this legislation.

Best,
Cindy

Cindy F. Friedman
State Senator, 4th Middlesex District
Proudly serving Arlington, Billerica, Burlington, Woburn, & parts of Lexington (pcts. 1,2, & 4-7)
State House, Room 413D
Boston, MA 02133
617.722.1432 (p)
www.cindyfriedman.org

Bump. Saw this yesterday also. Can't scramble in time for this one.

I hope someone else can make this.

Back
Top Bottom