Public Hearing Attendance Poll

Which hearings will you attend? (select as many options as you like)

• Going to Cape Cod Hearing on the 19th @12:00

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Going to Worcester Hearing on teh 26th @TBD

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Sitting on my rear hoping someone else will do it ;-)

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters
Wow How convenient that all hearing are when most people are working ( except those in this common wealth ) who do not own gun legally and are just waking up ( try to go to cape

I would love to be there at Worcester but I will be out of state on that day.

Received this in email:

Representative Vieira has invited Jim Wallace and has secured the Falmouth Rod & Gun Club at 7pm on June 17th for this very important educational/informational briefing for all Sportsmen/women to prepare for the upcoming very important Gun Hearings on June 19th at the Cape Cod Community College. We need all Delegates, Sportsmen & women to spread this word if at all possible be at the Falmouth Rod & Gun Club at 7pm on June 17th especially if you are planning on attending the hearings on June 19th.

Im sitting at CCCC waiting for start.

Direct quote: 'This can't be the right hearing, against gun violence? There are too many men here...?'

Here we go...

Question: having done it once at CCCC today, is it worthwhile to do it again at Worcester? I can probably swing it but need to leave by noon. If Worcester is anything like CCCC today, it'll go for hours before people all get a chance to speak. I'll be happy to show up for support but I think fresh faces make a better statement than 'the same old crowd of people'.

It would be interesting to know who attends each of these. Is there a way to get the attendance list? Do police show up to testify? I know in the past, Ed Davis and other police have come in to speak, and of course got extra attention over commoners. Was the one today filmed? Who does the filming? If so, where does it go, and how can one get a copy? I'd love to have copies of past hearings as well. Anyone know?

No recording - simple bread and circus

Only testimony that sparked interest from the panel was Knob Creek's comment on the drastic increase in women attending his classes. This did lead into several women testifying on the pro gun side (including a 28 YO mom with her two boys - no pics)

We need to start showing up at campaign stops and hitting these guys with hard questions (along with running good people against them)

Hearings on Gun Violence Scheduled for June & August! | UU Mass Action Network
This is an anti page discussing how to win in these hearings.

We've got to make sure we mention that the murder rate has doubled in this state since 1998, when major new restrictions were enacted. So much for keeping us safer.

June 14th will mark the 6-month anniversary of the unimaginable tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Since that day, more than 15,000 more Americans have lost their lives to gun violence.

First sentence from their webpage. So how come Bloomie is only saying 6300 have been killed since Newtown on his bus trip.
Who's lying? better yet, who isn't?

First sentence from their webpage. So how come Bloomie is only saying 6300 have been killed since Newtown on his bus trip.
Who's lying? better yet, who isn't?

6300 seems high. That would make about 13,000. Means the murder rate did a massive jump this year . . . .

Historically less than 70% of murders are with firearms. Assuming that holds true then there would be around 19,000 murders this year versus the 12,664 in 2011. (rough math). So a roughly 50% increase in murders this year?

I smell manure.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Worcester hearing delayed to July 8.

Wonder if they did not like the mix of people at CCCC and decide to spend more time gathering sensitive souls that can testify to the evilness of the black killy mass murder weapons...

Worcester hearing delayed to July 8.

Wonder if they did not like the mix of people at CCCC and decide to spend more time gathering sensitive souls that can testify to the evilness of the black killy mass murder weapons...
I'm told it was already delayed before the hearings because of the EBT debacle. Not entirely sure about the EBT part, but I had already heard talk of delays for hearings on Bacon Hill even before the CCCC thing started.

That was actually the reason for some of the missing committee members - there were hearings called yesterday at the last minute...

Bacon Hill is a very "knee-jerk", "reactive" place, they can't plan for sun-rise or sun-set around there. It's not all nefarious, but they don't mind that it is so scatter-brained either...

I'm told it was already delayed before the hearings because of the EBT debacle. Not entirely sure about the EBT part, but I had already heard talk of delays for hearings on Bacon Hill even before the CCCC thing started.

That was actually the reason for some of the missing committee members - there were hearings called yesterday at the last minute...

Bacon Hill is a very "knee-jerk", "reactive" place, they can't plan for sun-rise or sun-set around there. It's not all nefarious, but they don't mind that it is so scatter-brained either...

Hanlon's razor.

Back
Top Bottom