PU snipers original scopes vs russian repro

mac1911

NES Member
Ok so I been tossing the idea of buying one of the recent molot PU snipers. Not it seems there are some with original scopes and reproduction.
My Question is. For regular shooting purposes has anyone been able to compare side by side the original scopes vs the Russian made reproduction scopes?
I cant find it right now but read somewhere that the originals had the reticle that moved with in the scope vs the reproductions stayed centered when adjusted.
I have only put off buying one of these because I keep stumbling across other interest and reloading supplies I cant pass up.
Thank you

Great links Martin08..... but maybe I should re phrase the question.
Are the reproduction scopes of better quality and clearity for a shooter than the original. I will assume the original scope is in very good condition.
I ask this because some older guys at my club prefer the reproduction 1903 and 1903a4 style scopes. Vs originals.
I want a shooter.....collectability is 2nd

I don't have any direct experience with reproduction scopes.

But I do know that the original optics can be foggy/cloudy. It's best to ask for a condition/clarity report, or even see a photo of the sight picture before buying a scope.

I swear the milsurp gods want me NOT to have one of these....I decided to commit went to web sight and it'd closed down for up grades....man something always comes up! Its become laughable

Back
Top Bottom