• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PTR will be out of CT in 4 more days!

Apparently they opened the new factory up today and will be using 32 trucks to get everything down to SC over the next few days. And they are looking at adding more guns to their lineup and hiring 2-3X as many people as they had in CT. SC is probably the best decision they ever made.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=991030#.UstisaV5XwI

I read last year when they made the announcement saying that they were taking their employees with them. Good for them, PTR gets some experienced hands to help the new ones and the current employees have a job to help make relocating easier.

I found a PTR MSR and I had to get it. I've wanted one for a while. I'll prolly be getting a PTR GI next.

I read last year when they made the announcement saying that they were taking their employees with them. Good for them, PTR gets some experienced hands to help the new ones and the current employees have a job to help make relocating easier.

Cost of living should be lower too so win-win for everyone.

Awesome news. I'm looking to relocate down to NC, SC, or GA anyway and need to find employment, so this may be a good option to look into if we decide on SC.

I just got an e-mail from MFS recently that they have PTR rifles in stock. Don't know much about them. Good deal?

http://shop.massfirearmsschool.com/ptr91scc-p-4079.html

I have a VKE-91K built on a PTR Upper. Absolutely epic! Check out: http://www.kellyenterprises.net/assault-weapons/91k-vke-rifle-package-as-listed-detail. The flash suppressor is pinned/welded, so that model can become mass-compliant if you use the thumbhole stock, as the flash suppressor becomes the allowable feature, instead of the pistol grip.

I wish PTR would make an HK94 clone.

-Mike

Black Market Parts makes barreled uppers. Yes, these are "Special Weapons" receivers, but the one I got was nearly perfectly to spec. I did have to drill out a bit of slag that got in the rear takedown pin hole, but that was the only "defect". Built a mass compliant model very easily back when I lived there. 922r is a breeze since the barreled upper contains all US parts. Cost about $1,600 to put it together including the upper. Bolt gap came in at 18 with parts from HKParts.net. First 30-mag dumped clean.

Someone should try group buys for each company that moves out of these states to show support and help them recoup their moving costs.

Awesome news. I'm looking to relocate down to NC, SC, or GA anyway and need to find employment, so this may be a good option to look into if we decide on SC.

One thing to take in to consideration, and one of the reasons I am 3 hrs from the coast, hurricanes. I am still adjusting to being this far from the ocean. The home insurance rates there must be outrageous by comparison. I don't know about the new plants exact location but the county it is in is right on the coast. You might want to find a place an hour or so west of the plant, or wherever you decide to work, and commute. Hell everything is at least 20 min away down here. It takes me 30 min to get to the nearest dunkin. The up side is that it is saving me about $80 a week. [laugh] [coffee]

Someone should try group buys for each company that moves out of these states to show support and help them recoup their moving costs.

LOL moving costs... The states are competing so hard that most companies are going to move for free or damn near. They are being offered all kinds of incentives including tax reductions or exemptions. Not to mention that they will write off any costs as a business expense and not lose one dollar.

All for the GB idea though just on principal. The companies that actually step up and move should definitely be rewarded. I'm still hoping Beretta comes down here to SC...

Last edited:
"Not to mention that they will write off any costs as a business expense and not lose one dollar."

I must have missed that part in all my accounting classes. The only thing you save is the ability to use the expenses to cancel out profit which is then taxed. So to keep the math simple our fake business made 100,000 profit and gets taxed at 15% so their tax would be $15,000 so profit after tax is $85,000. Now the same company moved and cost them $20,000 in moving expenses so now they are taxed 15% on $80,000 profit which would be $12,000 so profit after tax is now $68,000. Looks like expensing items is not the windfall they hoped it would be. Now tax breaks and incentives is another story.

But my main point of doing a GB with these companies was to show them solidarity and thank them for their statement.

Back
Top Bottom