• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PTR Port Buffer

My PTR MSR is ruining my brass, I know they do that. So I want to add a port buffer. The problem is the MSR has a welded rail for a scope so the buffer most likely will not fit. And I don't want to weld a piece to my receiver if I don't have to

Has anyone added a port buffer to an HK or PTR with a rail on top?
Can I just mill out a piece of the buffer?

welded top rail and dont want to weld to receiver... you may be SOL.

RTG sells a weld on buffer - it can be added without messing with the rail. But you have to make some cuts on the receiver and weld in the new buffer. RTG also sells a slip on buffer - but doubt it would stay on with having to cut it for the rail - maybe JB weld it on there, not sure how long it would stay put if at all.

I think I'm gonna try to make one that goes on the rail. My brother is a fabricator/welder so ill get with him and try stuff

thats a good idea. maybe weld a slip on buffer port to a picatinny rail adapter thingy. if you go that route, post up some pics. very interesting. i like it. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom