P'town police investigate missing firearm

Wolf99

NES Member
http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090303/NEWS11/90303010

P'town police investigate missing firearm

Text Size: A | A | A
Print this Article Email this Article ShareThis- Share this story with your favorite social networking sites.
By Mary Ann Bragg
STAFF WRITER
March 03, 2009
The Provincetown Police Department has opened an internal investigation into a missing and loaded semi-automatic pistol owned by patrolman and firearms instructor Thomas Steele.

Steele, an officer with the department since 2001, reported the Sig Sauer .44-caliber gun as either stolen or lost from his Provincetown home at 4:20 p.m. on Feb. 24, said Provincetown police Staff Sgt. Warren Tobias. The weapon was last seen about two days before.

More Times Breaking News
P'town police investigate missing firearm - 8:44 am Fallon makes his debut as 'Late Night' host - 8:27 am Man admits attacking Chuck E. Cheese mascot - 8:06 am Cape weather: Beware the hidden ice - 7:55 am See All Breaking News Stories » Steele is certified to use the gun as an off-duty weapon for the police department, Tobias said.

In his 30-year career with the department, Tobias said this was the first incident he had encountered of a patrolman misplacing a gun.

Sig Sauer .44-caliber?!? It's not missing....it doesn't exist!!![rofl]

I don't know which surprises me more...that P'town has any guns to lose or that there's enough interest to necessitate having a local instructor!

I'm assuming we Ptowners probably do the same thing with our firearms. Although the prancing around thing doen't really appeal to me

I have to say I'm sorta of disappointed with the statements in this thread. Stereotypes are a terrible thing. Most gay men I know don't "prance around" or "act gay". I'm disappointed in all of you who have decided instead of treating this like any news thread(where we normally just ridicule the news article), you ridicule the denizens of a certain community.

BTW the cop took a polygraph and was cleared by the COP

they have a suspect

I have no love for the PTown PD after they beat the crap out of a friend of mine who was DJing a party there.

Are you prancing? There's no prancing in PTown!

P20Town20Honeys_large.jpg

I have to say I'm sorta of disappointed with the statements in this thread. Stereotypes are a terrible thing. Most gay men I know don't "prance around" or "act gay". I'm disappointed in all of you who have decided instead of treating this like any news thread(where we normally just ridicule the news article), you ridicule the denizens of a certain community.
Were you being serious? Prior to your comment, the only comment that could even be tortured into fitting your complaint is mine and you misconstrued my comment...

"prancing around on a unicorn" was intended to reflect the "make believe" nature of the weapon in question by virtue of the error in reporting. It had nothing to do with homophobic commentary which frankly is a total non-sequitor here...

Now, after you comment, people took it and ran with it[wink], but keeping things in context I don't understand your post?

I have no love for the PTown PD after they beat the crap out of a friend of mine who was DJing a party there.

You mean the DJ (Barry?) that started a near riot with the crowd by making anti police comments over the loud speaker and who then attempted to resist arrest when the officers tried to arrest him.

The same DJ who started a public smear campaign against the police by using his radio station?

The same DJ who had several partygoers and the homeowners testify against him?

Is this the same one? Or was there another?

The Chief of Police in Provincetown is a recent transplant from New Hampshire and is a great guy and will be nothing but an asset to the town.

Last edited:
You mean the DJ (Barry?) that started a near riot with the crowd by making anti police comments over the loud speaker and who then attempted to resist arrest when the officers tried to arrest him.

The same DJ who started a public smear campaign against the police by using his radio station?

The same DJ who had several partygoers and the homeowners testify against him?

Is this the same one? Or was there another?

The Chief of Police in Provincetown is a recent transplant from New Hampshire and is a great guy and will be nothing but an asset to the town.

Ok I'll for the sake of conversation agree that what you say is true, I only know his side of the story, but we'll assume you are correct in your version of the events.

Explain to me how Barry, and his friend, got the ever living schit kicked out of them by the cops? I'd hate to see what the PTown cops would do to a real threat to society

Looks like some folks here were sending e-mails to the Cape Cod Times. The article has now been fixed:

Steele, an officer with the department since 2001, reported the Sig Sauer .40-caliber semi-automatic handgun missing from his Provincetown home at 4:20 p.m. on Feb. 24, Jaran said.

(An earlier account of this story incorrectly described the gun caliber, that has been corrected.)

Ok I'll for the sake of conversation agree that what you say is true, I only know his side of the story, but we'll assume you are correct in your version of the events.

Explain to me how Barry, and his friend, got the ever living schit kicked out of them by the cops? I'd hate to see what the PTown cops would do to a real threat to society

Things aren't always what they seem. Did Mr Scott explain to you that several of the anti gay officers were actually gay?

I think we're really missing the point here.

The fact it's in the news that someone lost a gun should really be the surprise.
Not the fact that it's in P-town.

I don't really see this story as having been news worthy. So what if someone lost a gun!? It's been reported as lost and that's about all there is to the story I can see, unless the news people want to imply that there's a deranged gun on the loose.

Things aren't always what they seem. Did Mr Scott explain to you that several of the anti gay officers were actually gay?

I'm still trying to find out how he and his companion got the ever living schit beat out of them, and Barry who is 5'5 and about 140 pounds wet isn't much of a threat against two 22 year old summer provisional cops with minimal training.

All other parts of the case aside, claims counter claims, charges, appeals, I still want to know who beat the schit out of him and under what rule of law.

Back
Top Bottom