PSL Shroud difficult to reinstall..

Every time I apart my Romainan PSL I have a real hard time putting the shroud back on it.

It's the same design as a AK47 but for some strange reason the shroud is just a lot of trouble. I was actually thing about filing down the rear sides of the spring rod a little bit. When it's in there is virtually no space on either side.

Is there a easier way than swearing at it and banging on it with your hand?

It's the tricky AK dust cover bit. My buddy has a PSL that has the same issue. When you go to install it, don't finaggle with the recoil spring take down button, just let the dust cover "take care of it" when you push it into place. Seat the front of the dust cover into it's little spot in between the gas block and front trunnion and then use your palm to push the dust cover down into place. It'll take care of the recoil spring just fine when it seats home. Give it a good push and pop, it'll be in place.

You make it sound easy. I pounded on that foolish thing for a 1/2 hour before it caught.

If you place it in the forward slot and simply place your thumb on the back of the cover and push it pops in place. Took me forever years ago to get the hang of it with my AK. Once you get to go in place using this method you will ask yourself what in heck heck was I doing the first thousand times I tried[wink]

just concentrate on getting the front of the dust cover in it's spot and then the sides of the cover over the top edges of the receiver. Sometimes it' takes some pressure.

As you push the dust cover into the forward slot the rear of the cover is going to grab and move the end of the recoil spring. Let it. The take down button won't pop into the cover until you push it down over the receiver and you'll get a pop.

50 BMG is right, you really do want to kick yourself after you figure it out finally.

Back
Top Bottom