• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PSL build starting

Should I paint the barrel black?

I'm redoing the gold..... Goldiggie missed a lot of spots when he crekota or what ever it's called. And I don't like the look . I want it more bling more lord of war.
[video=youtube_share;go9kV4nxsfk]http://youtu.be/go9kV4nxsfk[/video]

send the entire thing out and have it hard chromed.

send the entire thing out and have it hard chromed.

If I could of built it with out scratching the reciver I would of done titanum coating ..
74d55d4d3b657f56bb145c0e54576e3b.jpg

ef7284df7be66ee380e90bf4a905fd08.jpg

Warwickben. Do you think you could turn down a Mosin Nagant barrel to PSL specs?

You would need to cut the bolt head step into it which is kinda tricky. You also need a reamer just in case you need to cut it a little deeper for head space .

Do I have the skill set todo it yes.
Could I do it ?Nope , I snuck that barrel into work and turned it down at lunch time. My work is very anti making stuff off the clock for your self.

My personal lathe is too small and I don't have the funds yet to buy a bigger one :(.
I'm trying to fix this lol .

http://robertforbus.com

He'll take your mosin barrel or a blank and turn it to match your parts kit.

You send him the the bcg forwards, tell him the over all length you want . He'll turn the barrel and populate it / set head space for short money . For less then a crappy prexis barrel you'll have todo it all.

He includes a spec sheet saying what all
The journals are etc . Just incase you need to replace the barrel or some part on it down the road . Very nice guy (think Russian ) talked to him few times.

I'd buy a blank from green mt and send it to the guy u linked . Better then a used. Mosin barrel .

Last edited:
I don't need to have that done. Back in 09 I picked up a NIB Cugir factory PSL for $650.00. I haven't shot it in years. I zeroed the scope in at 50 yards but at 100 it wasn't on paper. Iron sights @ 100 was dead on. I meant to get a new scope / mount but never got around to it.
I was going to say that you could probably fund some of your projects by selling turned down Mosin Barrels.

I don't need to have that done. Back in 09 I picked up a NIB Cugir factory PSL for $650.00. I haven't shot it in years. I zeroed the scope in at 50 yards but at 100 it wasn't on paper. Iron sights @ 100 was dead on. I meant to get a new scope / mount but never got around to it.
I was going to say that you could probably fund some of your projects by selling turned down Mosin Barrels.

That or pistol cal barrels for ak builds etc .

I'm trying to get a big enough lathe so I can do this type of stuff my self more then subbing it out .

How ar ya? You had the prexis barrel blowup, did't you? I noticed you are planning on buying a barrel from Mars. Hope you don't mind, but I would like to pass on some info about Mars. Mars, Robert Scott Qualls, is a 23 y.o. ex-con living with mommie and daddie. 2009 him and some friends were arrested for burglaring and Grand theft of $160,000 +lots of guns+ gold and silver. His record stops in 2009 and doesn't resume until 2013, So he was probably in prison. I'm thinking juvinile prison, cause there's no public record. Now he claims to be some firearms designer, and has a "07 FFL" in his signature line. Now thats easy to check, and BATFE has no record of Robert Qualls with any kind of an FFL. Finally, one guy posted pics in the PSL barrel thread of his just received barrel. It's bad, machine marks in the chamber, rough journels, bad threading. So, I just wanted you to know who you are dealing with. It would suck big time to be burned twice on the same problem.

I got this pm from a member on ak files about the barrel maker that sent me a free barrel that I used for my gold psl.

Chamber is perfect etc .

Last edited:
Where's flintoid
I miss his"advice"

It's funny how one psl took over a year to make and the other one took me 3 days . Would of been 1 but I had to weight for rivets .

I'll be posting a new build thread soon for the build I'm doing now.
I have a few more parts to get . I'm crossing fingers I'll have it for the pumpkin blast.
My tv hdmi inputs shit the bed so I'm gonna go with out tv till after I get the parts lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom