PSA To Make STG-44 Replicas In .556, .300 Blackout & 7.62x39

As an old school HK fanboy I could almost see pulling the trigger on one of these…

Why?

I get there's this huge market for WW2 era arms for collectors, but these are replicas and don't offer anything that a modern rifle does.

PSA has been a darling of the firearm manufacturing world for years now, but I feel they're starting to stretch themselves thin.

Why?

I get there's this huge market for WW2 era arms for collectors, but these are replicas and don't offer anything that a modern rifle does.

PSA has been a darling of the firearm manufacturing world for years now, but I feel they're starting to stretch themselves thin.
I don't get it either?

Do the new Tommy Guns just leap off the shelf? I've never looked at the numbers.

I've read about a few Thompsons converted to 10mm but I guess it didn't work out too well cause I haven't heard anything more about it.

Why?

This goes back to the Hill & Mac Gunworks STG-44 that was initially previewed at the 2016 SHOT Show.

View: https://medium.com/@tanieltwoshot/what-really-happened-to-the-hill-mac-gunworks-sturmgewehr-9d1074cac75e

Seems like a fairly niche market as they will likely cost over $2K.

I thought this was a dupe, but then I remembered I'd seen that same video posted yesterday on some other forum.

I'd buy one, if the price was right... but it probably won't be, alas.

I think the “why” has a lot to do with the fact that some people have lots of money and like shooting and owning certain guns despite those guns not being the most practical option. People probably aren’t buying these as nightstand or end of the world guns.

I think the “why” has a lot to do with the fact that some people have lots of money and like shooting and owning certain guns despite those guns not being the most practical option. People probably aren’t buying these as nightstand or end of the world guns.

This.

A LOT of what I own isn't meant to be "useful," really, like in a zombie-apocalypse context. Those? I shoot for pleasure, or I enjoy for the engineering, or the history, or just because it looks cool.

I guess I can understand that as I have on my bucket list the desire to own a Burnside carbine and a Snider-Enfield rifle, but those are interesting antiques from the era where cartridge firearms were just starting.

The STG could be similar, it was the first of the modern intermediate rifle cartridges, but it lacks something to get me interested.

I do not think the market for these will be large at all, thus the investment into making them is going to be a real risk.

Why?

Sometimes it’s neat to shoot history… or at least replicas to get a feel for what it was like without feeling bad about potentially wearing out or damaging an actual piece of history.

I thought this was a dupe, but then I remembered I'd seen that same video posted yesterday on some other forum.

I’d like to shoot one and try it out. Particularly in the actual 8mm Kurz. It would be pretty fun to try one out for a carbine class.

But I’ve realized I don’t need extra clutter in my life so owning one is out.

Psa generally is pretty reasonable... granted their anti mass policy will make it more expensive but itll be around 600 someday in the future probably

Why?

I totally disagree

Their 5.7 pistols are solid guns

Leadstar whom they own make good 3gun ars

Id Def buy their ar line over ruger or s+w.

The dagger series are great glockoffs

The ak lines are good plus they make a 74

This is a little out of left field but i think they have some good momentum and wanted to try something different

All that said this probably flops because i can't see the market being that hot for these but in normal calibers at least it'll have a shot

Psa generally is pretty reasonable... granted their anti mass policy will make it more expensive but itll be around 600 someday in the future probably

Video indicates that the original pre-orders would be honored at that price ($1,800) and PSA branded ones would be more.

$600 is a long way to fall, but if they ever dropped to that level I’d buy one.

5.56 and 7.62x39?!? These will sell. It's an iconic rifle so being able to get one, at a somewhat reasonable price, in a common caliber, that you can shoot, it will have a lot of people's interest. A fun range gun for people who like that sort of thing. Which is a lot of people.

..... PSA has been a darling of the firearm manufacturing world for years now, but I feel they're starting to stretch themselves thin.

PSA actually has a mega massive manufacturing complex and layout with huge amounts of SF. They make pretty much all of their own parts and also have a large R&D division.

Mac did a factory tour of some of their various departments, machinery, warehouses, etc.

IMHO, It's extremely impressive:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cjQPPh_Tox8

Last edited:
Video indicates that the original pre-orders would be honored at that price ($1,800) and PSA branded ones would be more.

$600 is a long way to fall, but if they ever dropped to that level I’d buy one.
I didn't watch i have no interest in one

But their aks list at around 1k and can routinely be scooped for 600

So 40% off 1800 is around 1080... they'll also decrease after a couple years so i don't think 8-900 is outlandish

5.56 and 7.62x39?!? These will sell. It's an iconic rifle so being able to get one, at a somewhat reasonable price, in a common caliber, that you can shoot, it will have a lot of people's interest. A fun range gun for people who like that sort of thing. Which is a lot of people.
Especially considering it’s a gun that has never actually been available to normal people before. A very well storied gun at that.

Back
Top Bottom