PSA: It's "Luger", not "Lugar"

LOL, as in the pistol or the 9mm caliber? Takes a special kind of person to misspell something that has been stamped on their ammo a trillion times. [rofl]

1606704930149.jpeg Maybe 'WIN' should be 'LOSER'?

Or 9mm Loogie?

tenor.gif

As long as we're in English class here's another PSA. There is no such word as 'alot'. It's two words: A lot.
Also, you only need one question mark or exclamation point. "Here comes a bear!!!!!!!" isn't going to make you run away any faster than "Here comes a bear!"
Does writing, "How much is that gun???????" Instead of "How much is that gun?" Mean you're really, really, really, really confused?
The Internet is funny. If someone posts some incorrect information about history or science or math, fifty people will jump in and correct them.
But if your spelling or grammar or punctuation is terrible nobody cares.
If I said Columbus discovered America in 1497 or water boils at 136 degrees or the square root of 8 is 1-1/2 every single response would be from people correcting me. But if I wrote "I like Mustangs alot!!!!" Don't you??????" No one would say a thing.
I guess it will never change but I just think it's weird. Science, math and history errors are unacceptable. But English doesn't matter at all. Weird.

As long as we're in English class here's another PSA. There is no such word as 'alot'. It's two words: A lot.
Also, you only need one question mark or exclamation point. "Here comes a bear!!!!!!!" isn't going to make you run away any faster than "Here comes a bear!"
Does writing, "How much is that gun???????" Instead of "How much is that gun?" Mean you're really, really, really, really confused?
The Internet is funny. If someone posts some incorrect information about history or science or math, fifty people will jump in and correct them.
If I said Columbus discovered America in 1497 or water boils at 136 degrees or the square root of 8 is 1-1/2 every single response would be from people correcting me. But if I wrote "I like Mustangs alot!!!!" Don't you??????" No one would say a thing.
I guess it will never change but I just think it's weird. Science, math and history errors are unacceptable. But English doesn't matter at all. Weird.
Just..f***ing.. don't. I'll close it if this shit keeps up.

It's just that I saw three ads tonight with 9mm Lugar in them. I'm embarrassed for the people that post that, but I'm more embarrassed for posts like this.

Wouldnt you love to have alot of Lugahs??????? They are wicked cool!!!!!!!

I’m just happy that Baretta doesn’t manufacture very many riffles or we’d be seeing both of those mistakes showing up in posts together.

German Ruger

Yep. Kid from New Bedford tells me his Grandfather passed and had a German Ruger that he brought back from Europe, and he read it was worth lot of money. Wants to give me first shot at it.
1606733504915.png
When I tried to explain it, he got all pissed off and told me I didn't know what I was talking about. Later that day I come across Grandpa's obit. He was born in 1939.

Back
Top Bottom