PRS Rimfire noob thread

I drank the flavored water beverage you guys are serving in this thread and ordered an ACC Premier blem on Black Friday. I picked a blem and a color I didn’t really want because it was in stock. Still “awaiting fulfillment” on the website and when I called, the flustered rep. seemed to wonder why I was asking when the second coming is going to be.

At least I already received the rifle and everything else I need for the build. [rofl]

You may end up waiting a bit but end up with a brand new chassis and not a blem. They have oversold things in the past and they always make good on it.

I've bought during their BF sales and this has been my experience.

This has been their operating procedure the past few years. As long as you got your order in, then when they run out of blems or discontinued models they ship out new /current gen stuff.

I got a partial order just today. I'm waiting to see what I get for the rest of my order. At this point, I would bet it will be a non blem current gen item.

Lol, you didn’t drink enough coolaid, because if you had, you would already know that you will NEVER have “everything else you need for the build”…
Hah! True. I’m now rhetorically wondering if maybe a 35x ATACR wouldn’t be too over the top for a .22.

It's not way over the top. I would say save yourself 1k + and grab a Razor Gen 3 6-36, put the savings towards some CenterX ammo

Gen 3 is money on a 22lr
If that Razor Gen 3 6-36x had a locking reticle focus I would already have one, but I just can't seem to allow myself to buy a decent scope that doesn't have that feature. It drives me crazy.

That's why I'm sort of leaning towards the Burris XTR Pro 5-25x. I gotta have a locking reticle focus.

If that Razor Gen 3 6-36x had a locking reticle focus I would already have one, but I just can't seem to allow myself to buy a decent scope that doesn't have that feature. It drives me crazy.

That's why I'm sort of leaning towards the Burris XTR Pro 5-25x. I gotta have a locking reticle focus.
Throw scope cap on it with a zip tie, it's not going to move on ya.

tape it, or do what Biggie said with the scope cap, or buy quality scope caps like aadmount with a screw to tighten the tension.

Then the scope cap rotates right along with it.
It aint perfect, but a couple potential solutions would be what @Mudflap621 suggested or to put witness marks to realign it if it turns. Could also install the scope cap and then tape around it, securing it to the eyepiece behind the mag ring.

All of the above are viable options, or, I can just buy a scope that has a locking diopter.
Now, if I could just get the rest of you to do the same thing, then manufacturers will start putting them on more and more scopes because nobody will buy one without it.

:)

It's not way over the top. I would say save yourself 1k + and grab a Razor Gen 3 6-36, put the savings towards some CenterX ammo

Gen 3 is money on a 22lr
Update: I got the Gen 3 and it is fantastic at first fondle. Thanks for the direction. FWIW, they now come with very nice Vortex-branded flip-up scope caps. Will mount and hopefully test during the holidays. I am interested in comparing to my ATACR 7-35x56.

Still waiting for the “in-stock” MDT chassis but they partial-shipped the bipod. At least they sent me a nice Christmas card. Hopefully they won’t have to send next year’s Christmas card before they ship the “in-stock” chassis. [rofl]

Update: I got the Gen 3 and it is fantastic at first fondle. Thanks for the direction. FWIW, they now come with very nice Vortex-branded flip-up scope caps. Will mount and hopefully test during the holidays. I am interested in comparing to my ATACR 7-35x56.

Still waiting for the “in-stock” MDT chassis but they partial-shipped the bipod. At least they sent me a nice Christmas card. Hopefully they won’t have to send next year’s Christmas card before they ship the “in-stock” chassis. [rofl]
Nice!!! Glad we could help spend your 💰...lol.

You'll be more than satisfied with the Gen 3. I don't see any difference in my Gen 3 RF vs my Atacr 7-35 CF. I actually prefer the reticle in the Gen 3 more. Even though it's just subtle differences in the sub-tension hold lines, it fu©*$ with my 🧠.

I don't believe I saw mine till January.

Attachments

• PXL_20230527_164825970.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230527_164825970.PORTRAIT.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 29
a few noob questions:
the square body pump bag. i've seen videos where it looks incredibly helpful, and others where it looks as useful as a 6th finger. for those that spent the money on one, what was your tipping point?

in hindsight, what is something you wish you had (gear wise) right off the bat, that would have made your matches more enjoyable? rifle related, clothing related, anything.

thanks

I wish I began with an AG Schmedium heavy bag with some sand taken out and wax it up regularly.

Pump pillows are fine for some certain situations but simply is faster for me.
I am too slow for trying a tripod for rear support for example.

I wish I began with an AG Schmedium heavy bag with some sand taken out and wax it up regularly.

Pump pillows are fine for some certain situations but simply is faster for me.
I am too slow for trying a tripod for rear support for example.
Binoculars!!! Don't need some super expensive pair. These help you ID targets and where they are along with reading what the wind is doing. Guys will let you use theirs, but it's not the same as glassing with your own while shooters are shooting.

I own a pump pillow and will drag it along and never use it. Like you said it tends to get in the way more often than it helps. There is always one in every squad and will use it if the stage calls for it.

Some cheap Kneepad pants from Amazon $70 work well for the money. As much as we are up and down your knees take a beating.

Know the difference between buying something you'll use all the time vs something you will use occasionally. This sport can be crazy expensive.

Shoot Straight,
Biggie

I still haven’t found a set of knee pads that I like. What are you all using?

I ordered a pair similar to the g3 pants after reading biggie’s post. A little larpy looking, but I’ve had my share of nail and screw heads in the kneecaps so it’s a trade off I’ll take.

For whatever reason, arc’teryx knee pads came up in quite a few threads online.

I would have never paid retail price for the pump pillow that I won off a prize table. I still hardly use it. Get one good do it all support bag, the schmedium game changer is what I and many use. Definitely get a comfortable set of knee pads, I like these knee pads I have a decent set of range finding binos for sale here , I upgraded to shit that cost about 7x as much as the rifle I used at my first match.

I would have never paid retail price for the pump pillow that I won off a prize table. I still hardly use it. Get one good do it all support bag, the schmedium game changer
Thanks for saving me money. I’ve had it in the cart for weeks. Glad to put this part of the PRS puzzle to bed

Back
Top Bottom