• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PRS Centerfire & Rimfire Schedules New England Region

Chilichonga

NES Member
PRS New England's Season kicked off in January with the Snowball match at Alderbrook Sportsman Association in N.H. The season is about to get in high gear. If you're interested in shooting Centerfire or Rimfire Rifle competition? The schedule will be in the links below.

We are always looking to grow the sport and welcome new shooters to attend. Any questions shoot me a PM or drop them in the comments below.

Hope to see you on the Range!

Shoot straight,
Biggie

Hmm, I may try my hand at PRS rimfire. Do you know if anybody uses semi auto 22lrs? I didn’t notice anything against it in the rules while skimming through.

I realize I wouldn’t be competitive most likely, but I figured I could dip my toes in before getting a dedicated competition gun.

Hmm, I may try my hand at PRS rimfire. Do you know if anybody uses semi auto 22lrs? I didn’t notice anything against it in the rules while skimming through.

I realize I wouldn’t be competitive most likely, but I figured I could dip my toes in before getting a dedicated competition gun.
You can shoot semi-autos, just need to flip the safety and verbally confirm "safe" everytime you move.

Do people use them? Only for their first match or 2, then they go buy a bolt gun. Congrats in advance on your new purchase. [cheers]

Where do y’all practice for events like this. There is no long ranges near me.
Most of us don't a 1000 yard range to practice at. You need the distance to true your dope. A lot can be learned and gained practicing 300 yds and in. Most of what we do is based on getting stable and having good fundamentals.

Here's an example,

Put a target up at a 100, 200 or 300 yards and draw a 2", 4", 6" circle. Can you put 8 rounds in that circle in 90 seconds from a barricade and four different positions?

Hmmm I’ll have to try. Other than that, when you started how did you get your true dope? I can input my speeds from my crono into a calculator. How would those compare at distance? Would it get you in the ball park of the target?

Hmmm I’ll have to try. Other than that, when you started how did you get your true dope? I can input my speeds from my crono into a calculator. How would those compare at distance? Would it get you in the ball park of the target?
Yes, it should get you close, of all your inputs are good. I had trued my dope to 500yds before my first match. I had to trust my Hornady 4Dof app after that and adjust to what I was getting down range at my first match. The 4Dof was good and served me well. Get out and shoot some matches to get some data.

Biggie

I have another question. You said that for rimfire you can bring a semi auto if you want, but will likely want to switch at some point.

What about centerfire matches? I was invited to try out the centerfire match in August with another new competitor, but I don’t have a modern bolt gun and don’t plan to buy one before then. I do, however, have a 6.5cm gas gun.

I know there are different centerfire divisions, but are all those divisions available to shoot in for every centerfire match? Or does a match have to specifically designate which divisions can compete in it? I tried looking through the PRS website, but it’s hard to find any rules or procedures on there.

Heh, and I realize I’d probably end up getting a bolt gun if I start attending PRS. It’s just not in the cards this summer.

Last edited:
I have another question. You said that for rimfire you can bring a semi auto if you want, but will likely want to switch at some point.

What about centerfire matches? I was invited to try out the centerfire match in August with another new competitor, but I don’t have a modern bolt gun and don’t plan to buy one before then. I do, however, have a 6.5cm gas gun.

I know there are different centerfire divisions, but are all those divisions available to shoot in for every centerfire match? Or does a match have to specifically designate which divisions can compete in it? I tried looking through the PRS website, but it’s hard to find any rules or procedures on there.

Heh, and I realize I’d probably end up getting a bolt gun if I start attending PRS. It’s just not in the cards this summer.
You can shoot your gas gun at any match.

@Steve600 hit the links at the top of the page. Most of the rimfire matches look to be 30 mins to 1 hr+ from you. Let me know if that helps.

Biggie

Thanks. I recently retired and have enjoyed shooting my entire life. I would probably get my ass handed to me, but no one in my area has any interest in even meeting at the range for a .22 friendly match. I saw they have one nrl22 match in Gramby but that’s it.

Thanks. I recently retired and have enjoyed shooting my entire life. I would probably get my ass handed to me, but no one in my area has any interest in even meeting at the range for a .22 friendly match. I saw they have one nrl22 match in Gramby but that’s it.
Do you have a Practiscore account? That's how we register for matches. Real easy to set up. I can share links with you, but they won't bring you to the match details w/o an account.

It's 2023
here is the centerfire schedule on the PRS website

rimfire here

Hopefully there will be some rimfire matches at Reading this year

I am not sure what the schedule for the outlaw matches Hopkinton has but maybe they will begin soon

good luck all

2023 match dates for Reading are posted. Practiscore links will be edited in on the PRS site at least a month out and I'll also post them here and on the PRS/Minuteman FB pages. Walk ons are always welcome.

I look forward to seeing everyone and please feel free to message me if you have any questions.

I don't think it will be, but any issues with 2 or 3 people sharing a rifle?
no issue. 2 people have shared a rifle on many occasions. 3 people, I highly recommend bringing extra mags to avoid any potential delays to reload mags. smaller squads of 5-7 people help the match move along efficiently and you will all need to be on the same squad.

Travel to the the match and shoot...😜

Just playing, can you be a little more specific? What's your concern?
Yeah, sorry - I'm a dope. I no longer have a Mass LTC, so I guess no ability to attend a match at Granby or Reading? I never paid attention to these laws when I was a Mass resident as matches were either in Mass or in NH and I didnt need a permit

Yeah, sorry - I'm a dope. I no longer have a Mass LTC, so I guess no ability to attend a match at Granby or Reading? I never paid attention to these laws when I was a Mass resident as matches were either in Mass or in NH and I didnt need a permit
No problem at all. Many of us travel to NY from Mass. I would follow all transport laws and obey posted speed limits to avoid being pulled over.

Rifle locked in a case and ammo separate. Also, you're covered under the FOPA act.

Back
Top Bottom