PRS Centerfire & Rimfire Schedules New England Region

So I just registered for Granby on March 12th.

I'm trying to register for Ready on April 16th, its saying registration opened back in December, but I can't find the register button. Is it just not actually open yet?

Yep, there's no registration link. and it says its open for registration.
View attachment 721255
Match date is accurate. Registration date is not, it auto-fills like 4 months prior to match date, I didn't enter the Dec date.

I haven't posted the practiscore link yet but it will be posted soon on NES and the FB pages. Regardless, I wouldn't turn you away if you showed up. walk ons are welcome.

Last edited:
No problem at all. Many of us travel to NY from Mass. I would follow all transport laws and obey posted speed limits to avoid being pulled over.

Rifle locked in a case and ammo separate. Also, you're covered under the FOPA act.

You don't need the LTC. You can transport across state lines, you just can't carry. Be mindful of mag capacity and other AWB rules though.
I disagree. You need an LTC to possess a firearm in MA. FOPA does not cover you if your final destination is in MA and you don't have said LTC. Unfortunately MA does not carve out an exemption for competition like some states.

IANAL though...

Is there any smith local to MA that anyone’s suggests to chamber, thread a barrel? I picked up a used Deviant and want to rebarrel. Or should I just send it out? Any recommendations?

Is there any smith local to MA that anyone’s suggests to chamber, thread a barrel? I picked up a used Deviant and want to rebarrel. Or should I just send it out? Any recommendations?
are there no prefit barrels for that action? i really don`t know - not trying to be a smartass here (at least no more than usual :) ) - is it really something that requires a smith?

Mike Pigney is the only smith I know of in MA. He's out of Taunton. I have no experience with him.

Do you pick up a barrel blank already? Like @paul73 said you may be able to run a prefit.

Last edited:
I haven’t gotten a barrel yet. From what I’ve read the deviant isn’t guaranteed to headspace with a prefit like some of their other actions.

But I do see people say they’ve had no problems.

Match date is accurate. Registration date is not, it auto-fills like 4 months prior to match date, I didn't enter the Dec date.

I haven't posted the practiscore link yet but it will be posted soon on NES and the FB pages. Regardless, I wouldn't turn you away if you showed up. walk ons are welcome.
Still no practiscore reg
I'll be there regardless
Thanks Mike

So I just registered for Granby on March 12th.

I'm trying to register for Ready on April 16th, its saying registration opened back in December, but I can't find the register button. Is it just not actually open yet?

@MC56 probably hasn't uploaded the PractiScore info yet. Mike?

Still no practiscore reg
I'll be there regardless
Thanks Mike

Sorry for the delay peeps. Here is the link to register for Reading. I'll make a separate thread as well.

Back
Top Bottom